Make Recording Service more script friendly

majstang

I would like to have the possibility to launch/execute Recording Service own powercommands/internal tasks through script. Any chance you could program some kind of hook in shape of three hotkeys (keyboardcommand combinations) for shutdown/standby/hibernate, which then would be possible to execute from inside a script runned as an After Recording Task? This as a compensation for denying us the opportunity to have user interactivity with the After Recording Task script. I want to be abled to use Recording Service own timed messagebox and not be forced to intercept power messages sent from the script in order to get user interactivity. Please do consider it and tell me what you think?

Regards

Majstang

Do you mean the Recordingservice API or Webinterface API? If you mean webinterface API, I know I can launch for example hibernate from the Task link on timer page, but how do I launch/trigger same task through a script (no mouse). What i meant with first post was to be abled to launch these powercommands through hotkeys (keycombination) or something like that. In this way you can trigger them both from script or remote if that is preferable and most important it must be possible to do this with webinterface closed. If you mean Recordingservice API, I thought that was for read only, but if it is possible to launch shutdown/standby/hibernate from RS API that would be awesome and im really keen on learning how to do that :) I may have missed it cuz, the Recordingservice API thread are mainly in german.

Edited by majstang

http://user:password@127.0.0.1/tasks.html?task=Hibernate&aktion=tasks

Replace user and password with your data.

No, that wont work either! Cant connect to server if not using port 8075. If using this port I can succesfully Hibernate HTPC.

http://user:password@127.0.0.1:8075/tasks.html?task=Hibernate&aktion=tasks

Ok very good, then I know I must exclude "api" in the URL to get it to work right. Hope you can change this in the Wiki.

There it says the basic url is:

http://[user:password@]IP[:port]/api

:bye:

Edited by majstang

that's correct for the API.

What you are using is simply the link as used in the webinterface, you could have extracted there yourself a long time ago ;)

that's correct for the API.

What you are using is simply the link as used in the webinterface, you could have extracted there yourself a long time ago ;)

I see you havent lost your sence of humor :biggrin: Wiki is still wrong though ;)

Well, as you certainly know i have choosen an another way in my Intercept Hibernation script in order to be abled to use my own "shutdown" messagebox and not rely on the default RS one. I wanna have the opportunity to customize my msgbox which ever way I want. I therefor payed no attension to the RS API way of launching internal tasks.

However, my way worked really well on Windows XP, but when trying to port the Intercept Hibernation script to Windows 7...things is not that easy no more. Microsoft are no longer allowing a user to intercept/block/prevent hibernation and standby, so the porting did not go that well, understandable enough. Now when testing the RS API internal task launching on Windows 7, I see you have taken the easy way out and removed the shutdown messagebox entirely for all powercommands. Even for the shutdown command, despite this one is still possible to block/intercept/delay. But finding a way around the "force shutdown screen/window" is a nightmare.

So back to square one and trying to find some other way around this :sadwalk:

Thanks for your help!

Regards

Majstang