OMNICOM DVB-S2 PCI

NTN

Does DVBViewer 4.2.1.0 support Omnicom DVB-S" with BDA driver and also does it support disecq 1.2 positioner in Transedit?.This card is not on the list of supported device by DVBViewer...

Maybe is working, I hope So... :)

Thanks in advanced.

Does DVBViewer 4.2.1.0 support Omnicom DVB-S" with BDA driver

AFAIK only the basic things. I wouldn't count on DiSEqC, CI, remote control and things like that.

and also does it support disecq 1.2 positioner in Transedit?

No. The closest match is OMICOM SKYSTAR 4, a relabeled Turbosight device.

Maybe it can be supported in future if the hardware design and driver are similar to an already supported card, but that's a gamble... ;)

AFAIK only the basic things. I wouldn't count on DiSEqC, CI, remote control and things like that.

No. The closest match is OMICOM SKYSTAR 4, a relabeled Turbosight device.

Maybe it can be supported in future if the hardware design and driver are similar to an already supported card, but that's a gamble... ;)

Sorry, maybe you get me wrong,, beacuse i make mistake in my first post...I was in hurry, and instead DVB-S2 i wrote DVB-S.

I ask for Omicom DVB-S2 card, not DVB-S...

I presume than, OMICOM DVB-S2=OMICOM SKYSTAR 4 or not?

Does SKYSTAR 4 work in DVBViewer with disecq 1.2 positioner and transedit? :)

Thanks again on fast answer and support....

Edited by NTN

Try the (functionally restricted) TransEdit test version that I've attached here.

Since you have no DVBViewer installation, store it somewhere in your user profile (my documents), not in the program files directory. For scanning you'll need transponder lists. Which satellite position do you want to receive?

Additionally use the Google forum search (see top of the forum) with "OMICOM" as search item.

I do not have OMICOM DVB-S2 card yet, so I want to be sure that card will work in DVBViewer/transedit 1.2 positioner...

I can choose between OMICOM DVB-S2 card and Skystar HD 2 card...But I want to be sure that one of this DVB-S2 card will work with 1.2 positioner in DVBViewer...That is all confusion....

About OMICOM DVB-S2 I found just one thread on some russian forum and basic technical details.... :(

From that forum OMICOM DVB-S2 and OMICOM SKYSTAR 4 are not the same(I do not understand russian , just logical thinking because on that forum are two threads, one for OMICOM DVB-S2 PCI, and one for OMICOM SKYSTAR 4...)

I will not put the link, maybe is against the rule.

Edited by NTN
  • 6 months later...

Unfortunately examining the INF file revealed a major problem:

[DeviceModels]
%OMCDVBS2.DeviceDesc%=omcbda_s2,PCI\VEN_1131&DEV_7146&SUBSYS_101C13C2 ;DVBS2
%OMCDVBS2.DeviceDesc%=omcbda_s2,PCI\VEN_1131&DEV_7146&SUBSYS_101813C2 ;DVBS2
%OMCDVBS2.DeviceDesc%=omcbda_s2,PCI\VEN_1131&DEV_7146&SUBSYS_102014C4 ;DVBS2

The first entry uses exactly the same ven/dev/subsys values as the TechnoTrend S2-1600 card, the second one the same values as the TechnoTrend S-1401, which means, DVBViewer will regard them as TechnoTrend devices. Only the third entry would be unique in our hardware database.

Omicom is the russian answer to DVBShop. They just sell third party devices under their brand - which means you probably will have Technotrend, Turbosight, Anysee or whatever Vendor with an Omicom branding.

Peter

They just sell third party devices under their brand - which means you probably will have Technotrend, Turbosight, Anysee or whatever Vendor with an Omicom branding.

No, this self-designed device, under STm control. BDA-driver from ODSoft.

Please try the attached (restricted) TransEdit test version. It contains DiSEqC support for the Omicom S2.

If there is already a TransEdit installation, perform Settings -> Hardware -> Detect Devices -> Save. After closing TransEdit the file TransEdit.ini should contain a Vendor.x=30 entry for the Omicom S2 in the [Hardware] section, indicating successful detection.

After having set DiSEqC to the correct value for the transponder lists (don't forget to click Apply), try scanning.

Implementing the DiSEqC support was quite straightforward. However, there are some points that are not specified by "Omicom BDA properties.pdf":

- The possible values for nRepeatCount in the OMC_BDA_DISEQC_DATA structure. The test version assumes 0 = no repeats.

- Support for tone burst switches. Is there any?

- Delays required for DiSEqC. Does the driver handle it, or has it to be done by the application?

- Switching to DVB-S2 mode resp. which DVB-S2 modulation must be set. The test version defaults to BDA_MOD_8VSB, assuming the card/driver will understand it as "DVB-S2" and auto-detect the actual modulation.

Full support in DVBViewer Pro would also require a CI and remote control API, if available.

TransEdit_3_7_1_2_Test.zip

• 2 weeks later...
If there is already a TransEdit installation, perform Settings -> Hardware -> Detect Devices -> Save. After closing TransEdit the file TransEdit.ini should contain a Vendor.x=30 entry for the Omicom S2 in the [Hardware] section, indicating successful detection.

After detection Vendor.x=3 :) I change to 30 and start TransEdit again - positioner menu active and motor control work (1.2, USALS). Thanks.

- The possible values for nRepeatCount in the OMC_BDA_DISEQC_DATA structure. The test version assumes 0 = no repeats.

- Delays required for DiSEqC. Does the driver handle it, or has it to be done by the application?

No, delays not supported. I make repeat/delays from application.

- Support for tone burst switches. Is there any?

Toneburst not supported by driver. Continous 22Khz can be switched from application, but i think this will be changed at tune request (according to LNB params).

Switching to DVB-S2 mode resp. which DVB-S2 modulation must be set. The test version defaults to BDA_MOD_8VSB, assuming the card/driver will understand it as "DVB-S2" and auto-detect the actual modulation.

BDA_MOD_8PSK (KNC-One drivers use this also).

Full support in DVBViewer Pro would also require a CI and remote control API, if available.

No CI, no RC :) Budget device like TT S2-1600.

Anybody still using this card? please inform me about the stability of this card. I want to buy it from Ebay, coz its very cheap in comparison to some other PCI S2 cards and Supported Symbol rate range is also good.

After detection Vendor.x=3

...which means, your card has been detected as TechnoTrend device. However, with

VEN_1131&DEV_7146&SUBSYS_102014C4

as posted above, the TransEdit test version should detect it as Omicom device automatically. Please attach your TransEdit.ini (see Info -> Configuration Folder in TransEdit).

Looks a bit like Omicom is actually selling TechnoTrend hardware under a different name with a different driver, which means, DVBViewer/TransEdit cannot support it properly. Users will have to tweak hardware settings to make it work.

BDA_MOD_8PSK (KNC-One drivers use this also).

Ok, that's no problem.

as posted above, the TransEdit test version should detect it as Omicom device automatically. Please attach your TransEdit.ini (see Info -> Configuration Folder in TransEdit).

sorry, it's my mistake :) with SUBSYS_102014C4 device detected ok (30).

• 2 months later...

Hi! I have Omicom S2 pci DVB-S2 card. www.omicom.ru

I can not find function, power off LNB, when DVBViewer 4.8.1 it is closed.

But the driver of card Omicom supports such function in other software application.

The Hardware section, have no this function: “Disable LNB on device releasing”

omicom.jpg

It is difficult for adding for OmicomS2, in the following release?

Excuse for my English.

just make 'fake' tune request with polarization=BDA_POLARISATION_NOT_DEFINED :) generic method, like technotrend, tevii and many other BDA drivers.