Websites launch function for DVBViewer

dbraner

I've written a small AutoIt script for launching a browser from DVBViewer and display a web page. The web page can be selected with a OSD popup menu.

Before the browser is launched DVBViewer is minimized and audio/video is disabled. After the browser window is closed audio/video is enabled again and DVBViewer window is restored.

To use this script first modify some path values in the script (path of default config file etc.) and compile it to an .exe file using the AutoIt compiler. Call this .exe file by defining a user defined key in DVBViewer and call the program from inside the Command.vbs when the key is pressed:

case 35001 ' Modify the ID matching your settings
  osd.ExecNewProcess "C:\HTPC\Bin\Browser.exe", "C:\HTPC\Config\Browser.ini", False, False

Don't forget to adjust the file pathes to match your configuration! Modify the Browser.ini file as decribed below.

After you press the assigned key DVBViewer will launch Browser.exe which will display a popup menu with a list of the websites defined in the Browser.ini file. Select the website using the cursor keys and press enter to start the browser with the selected page.

Meaning of the entries in file Browser.ini (see example file):

* program: Full path of your browser application including additional commandline parameters

* title: Title of the popup window

* back: Last entry in popup window which cancels the operation

Each entry in the url list in the INI file uses the following syntax:

MenuTitle=URL

For example:

Youtube Leanback=http://www.youtube.com/leanback
DVBViewer=http://www.DVBViewer.com

Browser.zip

Edited by dbraner
  • 2 months later...

Call this .exe file by defining a user defined key in DVBViewer and call the program from inside the Command.vbs when the key is pressed:

case 35001 ' Modify the ID matching your settings

osd.ExecNewProcess "C:\HTPC\Bin\Browser.exe", "C:\HTPC\Config\Browser.ini", False, False

HI :)

Great idea!!

but..

I am not sure I understand the above.. to be frank.. I am sure I don't understand what you mean :)

I have an idea it is maybe? in Settings/Options/input but... command.vbs?

Can you please explain a dumb-head like me how to do that.. :)

I understand the rest, I think :rolleyes: and have compiled the .exe file into the DVBViewer folder and copied the browser.ini file there too.. and have changed the paths for internet browser and the browser.ini file.

Have a nice day !

added later: I have found out the command.vbs should be placed in the script folder, but it is not.

Added even later: I made a command.vbs file and stored it in the dvbv. script folder - I used notepad and it worked:)) and of course changed the paths.

so if that is correct the only problem left is:

[b]Call this .exe file by defining a user defined key in DVBViewer[/b]

Edited by krasno
  • 2 weeks later...

If you understand german please have a look at www.DVBViewer.tv/wiki and search for command.vbs. You'll find some example command.vbs scripts there.

In DVBViewer it is possible to define your own command codes unter options - input and assign a key to it. This code is handed over to Command.vbs when the assigned key is pressed.

If you understand german please have a look at www.DVBViewer.tv/wiki and search for command.vbs. You'll find some example command.vbs scripts there.

In DVBViewer it is possible to define your own command codes unter options - input and assign a key to it. This code is handed over to Command.vbs when the assigned key is pressed.

One other member send me instructions in how to do it in PM, and now it works.

Sorry I did not write that immediately.!!

What do you use to move the curser? remote? or a keyboard? or?

That's what I'm fighting now..

What do you use to move the curser? remote? or a keyboard? or?

That's what I'm fighting now..

I use a IMON PAD remote control. It sends key strokes to DVBViewer. I deactivated the mouse functions in DVBViewer. I only use keyboard (simulated by the IMON remote control).

Edited by dbraner

I use a IMON PAD remote control. It sends key strokes to DVBViewer. I deactivated the mouse functions in DVBViewer. I only use keyboard (simulated by the IMON remote control).

I use the original RF remote from Medion.

It works, can move mouse pointer around, but can not write letters. ( should work like a mobile like "2"= "abc")

I have tried to use some software:

http://thedigitallifestyle.com/cs/TDL/b/stuart/archive/2009/06/01/turn-your-mce-remote-in-to-a-mouse-amp-keyboard.aspx

I have not tried to "disconnect" mouse in dvbv. will try that later.

please start a new thread in the remote control forum. I'm not familar with the Medion remote. Maybe you need a plugin.