export settings and dvb-s2 issue

toblerone

great software for this little price

and i'm happy with it: is the smartest one

2 vital things, after few days of use are missed (for me)

1) a settings editor , or better the chance to export/import the channel list to ONE another well supported format and so move/edit/customize in the right way all the channel list: for sure is there a channlelist format similar too the DVBViewer one and so maybe is not needed a big work

2) PLEASE, add in the scan function an auto "pilot" mode: if nothing is found (without "pilot") in a dvb-s2 transponder the scan retry the same transponder with the "Pilot" activated: as well i think that very few work must be done for solve this really annoying issue

OR can be a good idea add it in the trasedit as well: is enough test the transponder with the 2 pilot possibility during the satellite's transponder scan and so the saved satellite has already the right dvb-s2 setup

regards

the chance to export/import the channel list to ONE another well supported format

You can export as CSV and use some database application.

add in the scan function an auto "pilot" mode

Doesn't make sense. It is a hardware/driver specific thing and should be handled on this level. If your device/driver (which one?) doesn't do it, you will have to live with it.

E.g if you had a TechniSat SkyStar S2 or TechnoTrend 3200, you wouldn't have to worry about it. Particularly the SkyStar S2 shows remarkable abilities to handle such things automatically: Pilot Symbols, Modulation, FEC, DVB-S/S2... it happily scans a DVB-S2 transponder, even if you set it to DVB-S in DVBViewer or TransEdit. On the other side, with this card you won't come to know the actual parameters.

hello and thanks for the reply

the card is an hauppage hvr-4400, with the latest hauppage driver (Version 1.46.28154)

so isnot possible add the "auto-pilot" (or "force pilot if dvs-s2") mode in the future?

i notified that all the dvb-s2 found transponder need that option tagged, or during the scan i have no channel at all in that transp.

the csv works fine with exporting, but i cannot import they after an openoffice calc editing (and obv. saving it as csv)

i'm using the latest beta

edit: openoffice change the csv file, for this i cannot import it:

Root	Category	Name	TunerType	DiseqC	LNB-Selection	LNB	Frequency	Polarity	Symbolrate	FEC	APID	VPID	PMTPID	PCRPID	AC3	TelePID	SID	StreamID	Encrypted	NetworkID	SatModulation	SatModulationSystem	Group	Language	AudioChannel	EPGFlag	Volume	OrbitalPos	DiSEqCValue
Scan 08/09/2010	CYFRA +	CANAL+ Sport 2	1	0	0	9750	10719	v	27500	3	128	172	1023	172	0	500	4423	11000	25	318	1	0	0	pol	0	0	0	130	0

if opened and saved with openoffice (as well withot any edit) become:

"Root"	"Category"	"Name"	"TunerType"	"DiseqC"	"LNB-Selection"	"LNB"	"Frequency"	"Polarity"	"Symbolrate"	"FEC"	"APID"	"VPID"	"PMTPID"	"PCRPID"	"AC3"	"TelePID"	"SID"	"StreamID"	"Encrypted"	"NetworkID"	"SatModulation"	"SatModulationSystem"	"Group"	"Language"	"AudioChannel"	"EPGFlag"	"Volume"	"OrbitalPos"	"DiSEqCValue"
"Scan 08/09/2010"	"CYFRA +"	"CANAL+ Sport 2"	1	0	0	9750	10719	"v"	27500	3	128	172	1023	172	0	500	4423	11000	25	318	1	0	0	"pol"	0	0	0	130	0

so is not a DVBViewer prob, i'll look about it

regards

Edited by toblerone
the card is an hauppage hvr-4400, with the latest hauppage driver

I have a Hauppauge Nova S2 HD (amongst others), and I know this problem. Nevertheless I think it's up to Hauppauge to look after the "Pilot Symbols" problem. On the driver level it can be handled much more efficiently.

i notified that all the dvb-s2 found transponder need that option tagged

Not necessarily. E.g. on Astra 28° East it has to be switched off throughout.

the csv works fine with exporting, but i cannot import they after an openoffice calc editing

DVBViewer doesn't like the added quotation marks. The separator character must be a tab character (control character #9).

Maybe you can find a solution in OO. I'll look after it in DVBViewer.

..according to the specs pilot symbols are considered to be determined and set automatically by the demodulator. Pilot symbols are not part of the S2_satellite_delivery_system_descriptor. Some old demodulators (e.g. conexant) don't comply to these specs. For these demodulators the driver has to perform the pilot check.

btw. on astra 19E, Sky transponder 11914H transmits without pilot symbols. My cards won't show this parameter but it's easily calculated if the muxrate is known (-> transedit's analyzer) ;)

with a csv editor (csved) all fine with export/import

I've modified the CSV Import Plugin. It should now remove quotation marks automatically, accept different kinds of (single character) delimiters and generally be more fail-safe. Store the attached DLL in DVBViewer\Plugins (DVBViewer must be closed) and try...

ImportCSV.zip

• 2 weeks later...

(i'm waiting for the new license for test the new release: thanks for it)

but is not possible to make (if is enabled that kind of search) a double search only with the dvb-s2 transponders (with and without that option?): if the setup is wrong no channells are found so maybe can works fine without big code additions (i think)

or say to me what's try to ask to hauppage as driver addition (what's funcionality is missed), and i'll try to ask to they

regards

Edited by toblerone