MyScrobbler - Artist & Album info/fanart for DVBViewer

amontillado

MyScrobbler is a plugin to download Artist/Album info & fanart

What does it do?

This plugin can automatically download Artist info and images and present them in DVBViewer. The content is provided by LastFm.com & HTBackdrops.com

Credit where credit is due: This plugin is mainly inspired by the 'now playing' screens of other programs like mediaportal and xmbc.

Currently the plugin is in its toddler stages, it will download artist- & album info and images as well as high quality backgrounds (so its actually not really a scrobbler yet..).

Once it matures it will also download track info and present track suggetions based on tag for the artist/album/track.

Installation:

Copy the files 'myscrobbler.dll' and 'myscrobbler_downloader.exe' in DVBViewer plugin folder (in the application directory).

Copy the skin file to the skin directory (currently only a xml for the default and inca is provided).

Go to the options and change the settings if you desire.

The following settings are available:

• Show MyScrobbler Window.
    Allows to set when the MyScrobbler window should be shown, options: 0) Don't show instead of Duration window, 1) Always instead of Duration window or 2) Only instead of Duration if Data has been found. Default value = 1
  • Menu Window
    THe location of the MyScrobbler window in the OSD Menu, possible values: None / Dont show in menu, Home menu, HTPC / Mediacenter. Default value = Home menu
  • Update Image Delay. The delay in seconds before showing the next random image (only works if 'Show random image' is enabled). Default value = 3
  • Show random image If enabled a random artist image will be selected. Default value = Enabled
  • Info message time out Sets the timeout for the info messages, in milliseconds. Default value = 3000
  • Window time out Sets the time out for the MyScrobbler window in seconds. -1 = use DVBViewer defaults, 0 = no time out. Default value = -1
  • Always update Artist Info
    If enabled MyScobbler will always download the artist info, even if it allready present in the DB. Default value = Enabled
  • Download Fanart
    If enabled MyScobbler will also try to download High Quality Fanart from HTBackdrops.com. Default value = Enabled
  • Download Album Info
    If enabled MyScobbler will also try to download album info (keep in mind that not all albums actuall have info on LastFM). Default value = Enabled
  • Copy album image to folder
    If enabled MyScobbler will copy the main album image (if present) to the albums path (folder.jpg) if there is no folder.jpg present. Default value = Enabled
  • Delay before new download
    Sets the delay before starting a new download of artist info (in seconds). Default value = 3
  • Maximum images to download
    Limits the amount of images to download. Default value = 100
  • Download language
    Set the language in which the info is downloaded (e.g. de=German, nl=Dutch, empty=English). Default value = empty
  • Try default language if no result
    If no content is found in the set language it can try to find something in the default language (english) if this setting is enabled. Default value = true.

Usage:

Downloads (should) go automatically.

OSD Blue = Pop up menu with the following options:

• Set Artist: Allows you to find the correct artist in the LastFm database.
  • Set Album: Allows you to find the correct album in the LastFm database.
  • Set next image as background: Finds the next downloaded images and sets it as the default background image.
  • Set Download language: You can select a different download language for a specific artist (e.g. if there limited info in the default language).
  • Ignore artist: On/Of. You can turn on/off the downloading proces for certain artists (e.g. if no serious info is available in the LastFm database)
  • Ignore album: On/Of. You can turn on/off the downloading proces for certain albums (e.g. if no serious info is available in the LastFm database)

OSD Green = Shows DVBViewers playlist.

OSD Yellow = Switches the Content (#myscrobbler-content) from Artist- to Albuminfo (and vica versa).

Links:

http://www.lastfm.com. The source site.

http://www.htbackdrops.com The source site for the fanart

(please support them by adding to the knowledgebases)

Skins:

Inca Skin: http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=39591 (german topic)

X-Skin: http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/38303-x-skin/ (german topic)

X-Skin Mod: http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/42178-skin-vorstellung/ (german topic)

VDR-Retro: http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/35267-osd-skin-vdr-retro/ (german topic)

Version info:

• 0.1.1 Intial version
    • Added: You can ignore a certain artist for future downloads
    • Changed: Next/Previous actions are rerouted to Next/Previous playlist item, even if Text area is selected.
    • Fixed: Music files not identified, therefore no info is downloaded (If no musicextentions are found in setup.xml it uses a default list to identify files.)

[*]0.1.3

• Added: Background image, a kind of 'fanart' mode. Tries to find the largest picture that fits the screens aspect ratio and set the tag '#myscrobbler-background'.
      small note: The quality of the images from lastfm differs greatly.
      Maybe someday a different site is to be scraped, until then you can manually set the background image in db (table: myscrobbler_artistinfo, column: background)
    • Added: Next track tag: #myscrobbler-next_description, and #myscrobbler-next_coverart (is file's path + folder.jpg).
    • Added: OSD-Green shows Playlist.
    • Added: You can select a different downloadlanguage for specific artists. (e.g. if the default language has limited info, but english has a lot).

[*]0.1.4

• Added: Background image now also downloaded from HTBackdrops.com for high quality backgrounds.
    • Fixed: Numerous small and larger fixes.

[*]0.1.5

• Added: Download of Album info & Coverart
    • Added: Switch #myscrobbler tag Artist <-> Album info (OSD-Yellow)

[*]0.1.6

• Added: myscrobbler-albuminfo tag to indicate that there is album info available (sets it to myscrobbler_albuminfo.png).
    • Added: Abiltity to set a specific OSD time out for MyScrobbler.
    • Fix: Artist info of artists with '/' wasn't downloaded.
    • Fix: Albummatches weren't set, therefore album wasn't saved in many cases.
    • Change: Showing MyScrobbler instead of Duration now has 3 options, never, alway or only if data found.

Skin info:

The following params are set:

#myscrobbler-artist

#myscrobbler-summary

#myscrobbler-content

#myscrobbler-mainartistimage

#myscrobbler-randomartistimage

#myscrobbler-similarartists

#myscrobbler-tags

#myscrobbler-next_description

#myscrobbler-next_coverart

#myscrobbler-background

#myscrobbler-artistcontent

#myscrobbler-artistsummary

#myscrobbler-albumsummary

#myscrobbler-albumcontent

#myscrobbler-album

#myscrobbler-mainalbumimage

Disclaimer:

Probably lots of bugs, use at own risk.

Download:

MyScrobbler 0.1.4

MyScrobbler 0.1.5

MyScrobbler 0.1.6

post-35319-022276100 1285797617_thumb.png

post-35319-059192600 1285797625_thumb.png

post-35319-044318500 1285797635_thumb.png

post-35319-022220300 1285797702_thumb.png

post-35319-048839800 1285797709_thumb.png

post-35319-010734300 1286046605_thumb.png

post-35319-088893100 1286188704_thumb.jpg

post-35319-082653200 1286277583_thumb.jpg

post-35319-097778500 1286277592_thumb.jpg

post-35319-069055300 1286375780_thumb.jpg

Edited by amontillado
  • Like 1

Small update

• Added: You can ignore a certain artist for future downloads
  • Changed: Next/Previous actions are rerouted to Next/Previous playlist item, even if Text area is selected.
  • Fixed: Music files not identified, therefore no info is downloaded (If no musicextentions are found in setup.xml it uses a default list to identify files.)

• Added: Background image, a kind of 'fanart' mode. Tries to find the largest picture that fits the screens aspect ratio and set the tag '#myscrobbler-background'.
    small note: The quality of the images from lastfm differs greatly.
    Maybe someday a different site is to be scraped, until then you can manually set the background image in db (table: myscrobbler_artistinfo, column: background)
  • Added: Next track tag: #myscrobbler-next_description, and #myscrobbler-next_coverart (is file's path + folder.jpg).
  • Added: OSD-Green shows Playlist.
  • Added: You can select a different downloadlanguage for specific artists. (e.g. if the default language has limited info, but english has a lot).

post-35319-077158800 1286189157_thumb.jpg

Edited by amontillado

Hi

•Use myscrobbler window instead of duration window with music files.

If Enabled the myscrobbler window is shown instead of the default duration window. Default value = Enabled

Could you please make it so duration is shown if no data was found, even if this was enabled ?

Personally i d put the info message into the text field since its autoupdating when playing a new song.

Everything else is just perfect. :)

Another fantastic plugin amontillado! I just wished the DVBViewer's integrated music player was a little bit more usable..

Thanks.

The integrated music player does the basics I think, but to be honest I actually don't use it. I've written a small plugin that can work with the DB I allready had from my old htpc program.

Perhaps if there is enough demand I'm willing to change it so it can work with the normal DB, but you can also post something in the suggetion area on how you think the music part can be improved. (Just i case Lars really has nothing else to do and want to work on that :whistle: ).

Could you please make it so duration is shown if no data was found, even if this was enabled ?

Personally i d put the info message into the text field since its autoupdating when playing a new song.

1. Will be in the next version, testing it now.

2. The 'ShowInfoinTVPic' has the advantage that it is really easy to implement and that it has an integrated timeout function. Putting the info message in a datamanager tag is not difficult to implement, but I personnally wouldn't like to see it all the time so i would need to build in the timeout.. maybe, in a next version but for now I'll leave it the way it is.

Perhaps if there is enough demand I'm willing to change it so it can work with the normal DB, but you can also post something in the suggetion area on how you think the music part can be improved. (Just i case Lars really has nothing else to do and want to work on that :whistle: ).

We already started a discussion here.

New version.

• Added: myscrobbler-albuminfo tag to indicate that there is album info available (sets it to myscrobbler_albuminfo.png).
  • Added: Abiltity to set a specific OSD time out for MyScrobbler.
  • Fix: Artist info of artists with '/' wasn't downloaded.
  • Fix: Albummatches weren't set, therefore album wasn't saved in many cases.
  • Change: Showing MyScrobbler instead of Duration now has 3 options, never, alway or only if data found.

• 1 year later...

Hey,

Thx for this very cool Plugin!

But is there a possibility to use it with online radiostations? I use the online-plugin to listen to radiostations, but the stationname is in the "artist"-row and the artist an tracktitle are in the "title"-row.

Is there a possibility to change this in anyway?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

hello everybody

About language, is not possible set my prefer language like preset?

I set es (spanish isnt it?)and get information about but only for autor or album play in this moment, for follows artist or albums, comeback to english

Thank in advance

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey there,

i started to use this amazing plugin a few days ago.

But i have a problem - no cover will be downloaded. I can't find it anywhere. My Skin (BluFuzz) looks like in the attachement.

Someone else same Problem?

post-56315-0-52279300-1442438532_thumb.jpg