Why limit?

UiP

I've been using this great sw for almost three years now, but there are some things I'd like to get an answer to.

Why is there a limitation (using 3.9.4 or 4.1.1 or 4.2.1) when watching/recording more than 2 scrambled channels on the same transponder?

(When I was using version 3.9.1 there was no limitation)

I have no problems to watch/record 2 channels or more at the same time on a FTA transponder.

Yes, I have 5 valid subscription cards on the swedish provider BOXER.

(I'm using channelgroups to have each card asigned to it's own transponder)

// UiP

Edited by UiP

Thats strange, because I can watch or record 2 scrambled channels on each tuner/CAM on the same transponder, but when using version 3.9.1 it was possible to watch/record 3-5 scrambled channels on each tuner/CAM on the same transponder.

The limitation in the 3.9.1 was lack of channelgroups, but this was taken care of after a suggestion/request I did a few years ago.

http://www.DVBViewer.tv/forum/topic/23865-channelgroups/

Anyway, I won't argue with you since you are one of the developer and I beleive you know what you are talking about.

// UiP

Edited by UiP

In that case, I will have to search other DVB software.

Sharing a cam is not explicit forbidden by the bouqet owner.

Nor solutions to share one smartcard on several receivers.

My new setup , will be working end oktober can handle cam sharing.

So if DVBViewer is limithing this, Bye.

It's the driver not the viewer.

So if DVBViewer is limithing this, Bye.

Oh no, don't go, we will miss all the money you spend on the updates. oh wait, never mind. Bye :)

What I mean is: as soon when I find out that it's not working and that DVBViewer is causing the problem then it's clear no?

Yes, I did pay *several times* for DVBViewer so don't think that I don't like the software and I will pay again with this 4.5 update. One the other hand: If You can confirm that cam sharing, meaning, one dvb card, one cam, one smartcard and decode of two channels within the bouquet is not possible with DVBViewer then I see no reason to continue .

Hello everybody, i'm new here.

I agree with DVBViewer Junkie : this sucks !

Just bought this program and already dissapointed for the part concerning viewing and/or recording multiple scrambled channels from the same transponder/tuner whitin the same bouquet.

I bought it exactly for this reason !

It was recommended in the following topic (sorry dutch)

link to topic

My goal was the following :

- setup a server with 2 tuners/cams/TV-Vlaanderen bouquets

- in the livingroom, master bedroom, children bedroom and study a simpel client-pc

In this topic i read that when person A is viewing scrambled channel A on tuner A, and person B is viewing scrambled channel B on tuner B, person C...X can not view any more scrambled channels ? Come on guys, tell me this is'nt true.

Not all cam's can work to decrypt more then one encrypted channel, but if the cam is supported and firmware allows it and the bouquet company doesn't forbid the capture of multiple encrypted channels within their bouquet then it's not an illegal step.

As usual, it's not the hardware or software that leads to illegal situations, the problem sits between keyboard and chair.

Just bought this program and already dissapointed for the part concerning viewing and/or recording multiple scrambled channels from the same transponder/tuner whitin the same bouquet.

I bought it exactly for this reason !

It was recommended in the following topic (sorry dutch)

link to topic

(Sorry guys, a bit of dutch)

* een tuner is niet bezet omdat je ermee kijkt of opneemt. als je van dezelfde transponder nog iets wilt opnemen kan dat als die zender niet geëncrypteerd is.

Translation: You can have multiple recordings from the same transponder if they are not Encrypted

So even though it is not at all interessting what other websites state, please tell me where it says says you can record multiple scrambled channels?

I have to make a correction, there is no limit!

I can now record 3-5 scrambled channels at the same time, it was a driver issue.

Sorry!

// UiP

(Sorry guys, a bit of dutch)

Translation: You can have multiple recordings from the same transponder if they are not Encrypted

So even though it is not at all interessting what other websites state, please tell me where it says says you can record multiple scrambled channels?

Ok, sorry wrong link ; searching the link where it was written.

Edit : seems to work... see post from UiP

Edited by foefelken