how to setup USALS

nebula2010

I have recently bought this excellent piece of software (DVBViewer) working great for the satelitte it is aligned to but how do i setup USALS

Thanks in advance.

USALS is not working properly for me and i dont know why i have set the correct latitude and longitude and the dish has moved but not to the correct position

What i did was in TransEdit chose the satelitte i wanted changed disecq to angular pos and tried to scan the satellite only it doesn't move the motor at all and starts scanning straight away have i missed something

Thanks for trying to help me :)

If it helps USALS does work in ProgDVB using the disecqu plugin

Edited by nebula2010

And i think, it would work also in Transedit and then in DVBViewer, if you use this programs right, transedit has a buildin "Positioner-Console" take a look in the menu of Transedit an you can see it, sometimes anyone must eventually read a manual or simple look two times at a program.

PeterF

That maybe the problem the Positioner menu is blanked out it cant be opened for some reason maybe ive missed something along the way

Please help

Just transedit was open although when i first used transedit it was in the wrong directory then i moved it to the correct one in the folder with DVBViewer could this have affected it if so what do i do to rectify it.

Yes, when Transedit is not in the same folder DVBViewer is located, then it can not work proper, if it is now in the correct folder, please execute it an make in the menue "settings-->hardware" a "detect devises" and then please look if the positioner-console ist working then.

PeterF

@nebula2010

I have in the last time some configurations and now i had also a greyed-out positioner-console, it was when i started/executed Transedit out of his Zip-file, equal if the zip was in the nowhere in my harddisc, or in the folder of DVBViewer.

Also my question at you, have you copied the files out of the Transedit.zip, or did you copy the zip into the DVBViewer-folder and try to execute the transedit.exe out of the zip?

What i wanted say with my questions was, you must copy all the files containing in the transedit.zip directely into the folder where DVBViewer.exe ist located, and then you can run the transedit.exe and then hopefully it will work how it should.

PeterF

Edited by PeterF

Surely if progdvb can support USALS DVBViewer can be made to suppoort USALS to as DVBViewer is a great piece of software.

Edited by nebula2010
MyGica / Geniatech HDStar

There is no special DiSEqC support for this device in DVBViewer / TransEdit. Maybe you can help to find out which DiSEqC method must be applied:

1) Open the file TransEdit.ini (see Info -> Configuration Folder in TransEdit) with a text editor. Close TransEdit.

2) Change Vendor.0=0 in the [Hardware] section to Vendor.0=2. Save.

3) Re-launch TransEdit. The positionier menu item will be enabled now, which doesn't necessarily mean that DiSEqC works. Try.

4) Repeat step 1..3 with Vendor.0=13, =14, =15, =17, =18 until success.

A similar problem. SPC1400HD (Geniatech).

According to information that I've found in the web it's a PCI device. But your TransEdit.ini and SystemInfo.txt indicate an USB device. Is it really a SPC1400HD?

Forced to work DiSEqC-motor in TransEdit only changing Vendor.0 = 0 in the [Hardware] section to Vendor.0 = 2.

So the motor actually moves? Please make sure that everything else works, particularly scanning DVB-S2 transponders with different modulations. Can you also make it work with other Vendor numbers (see above)?

But how to get to work DiSEqC 1.0 and 1.2 in DVBViewer?

The next release will come with a more flexible hardware detection system allowing to map devices to certain DiSEqC methods.

Nevertheless your researches are quite important now, because they will enable us to include GeniaTech handling in the default hardware database.

According to information that I've found in the web it's a PCI device. But your TransEdit.ini and SystemInfo.txt indicate an USB device. Is it really a SPC1400HD?

This device Chinese have surpassed themselves )), the heart of this device is USB-bridge from the family of Cypress FX2, which built most of the USB DVB-tuners (including SU1600HD). In this case, it is not connects to USB-port on your computer, and to the USB-controller VT6212L from Via, which is soldered on the board tuner ))).

So the motor actually moves? Please make sure that everything else works, particularly scanning DVB-S2 transponders with different modulations. Can you also make it work with other Vendor numbers (see above)?

S-2 can not testing - I live in Siberia. ))

Vendor.0 = 1 to 18. works only with 0 = 2

Thanks for testing and the SDK! It's very useful. I've already tried to find it in the web, but without success.

The SDK confirms that Vendor.x=2 maps GeniaTech devices to the correct DiSEqC method, but for DVB-S2 we have to do a little bit extra. The next DVBViewer service update (within the next weeks) will support GeniaTech devices.

I just have to wait a few weeks and it will be supported

Who knows... please confirm Lotto's findings with your device by following these instructions, because it's the only feedback about GeniaTech devices up to now, and it would be good to get more, just to make sure...

It does move the dish

...which means DiSEqC is working this way. Thanks for confirmation. Does scanning different DVB-S2 transponders work?

but not to the correct position.

...must be due to your setup somehow. The DiSEqC motor commands sent by TransEdit are correct if the settings are correct.

I can confirm the settings are correct the dish moves to a position but it doesn't receive any signal.

Edit: It is working I was clicking update instead of scan all what does the update button do

Thanks for everyone's help

Edited by nebula2010
how do I solve this

1) Wait for a DVBViewer Pro service update (within the next weeks).

and/or

2) Use DVBViewer GE (see members area, read the ReadMe!). It allows to apply the same Vendor.0=2 tweak in the file Setup.ini. DVBViewer Pro doesn't.

All I did was overwrite the pro DVBViewer with the GE one

That's a no-no! You didn't read the ReadMe:

DVBViewer GE can coexist with other DVBViewer installations, as long as they are not mixed up in a single folder.

The DVBViewer GE channel handling is stricter than in DVBViewer Pro. All channels within a root folder (usually representing a satellite position) must have the same DVB network settings (tuner type, orbital position, DiSEqC, LOF). If not, DVBViewer GE splits root folders up, thus revealing discrepancies / inconsistencies / missing parameters etc. Only a well sorted and well organized DVBViewer Pro channellist will remain unchanged.

Use drag & drop or the cut/paste commands to re-organize the channellist in DVBViewer GE (multi-selection within a channellist node is possible).