what is the best HD codec for dvbviewer !?!

AjeeB

I tried a lot of HD codec .. not all ok !

I have ATI HD4890 1GB 256bit ! very good card

but as u know I can't use ATI AVIVO ... even with lastest catalyst

and so need stable and high quality codec ... with deinterlace

my COMPUTER is MAC PRO , xeon-x4-2.8 , HD4890 , 2GB DDR2 ECC , 2TB

thanks & best regards

1) Cyberlink codec (Power DVD 8,9, or 10) for SD and HD work great

2 )CoreAvc not bad too (HD only)

ty for reply !

among the 2 u mentioned CoreAvc is better

but still problem with deinterlace , problem!

br

• 1 month later...

If you're using Cyberlink goto "View" in DVBViewer and goto "Filters" - Cyberlink video etc. In the window that pops up choose "Force bob" or "Force weave"

Why would you do that, Weave turns off deinterlacing altogether and Bob is the worst quality. Vector Adaptive interlacing is the best, press Ctrl before going to Cyberlink options to select it. Not clear what OS the OP is using, but Windows 7 DTV-DVD decoder is also good.

Edited by dvbrewer
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Interesting subject! On my 'master' HTPC I concur with above comments (I am using CyberLink at moment but CoreAVC works well as well). However I have just built a new 'slave' HTPC using Intel G6450 and H55 chipset with internal graphics processor, and the best H.264 codec for that by a long way is the Microsoft one in Windows7! Apparently it is the only one that fully utilises the GPU acceleration engine. So as the USA would say - 'your mileage may vary'!

Vector Adaptive interlacing is the best, press Ctrl before going to Cyberlink options to select it.

There is no option for "adaptative deinterlacing", thanks for the ctrl tip though

Edited by themaster1

A stable HTPC means:

Just the OS, windowsXP is fine for a HTPC, a software mpeg decoder, a audio decoder perhaps, drivers and at last DVBViewer.

Avoid multiple decoders.

If you are in testing fase: use restore point.

Deinterlacing can be done buy the TV or the mpeg decoder. Using both is not such a good idea.

The best codec for HD is cyberlink (I am using H264 codec from cyberlink version 8), it can be configured to use DXVA for ati video cards and the picture is much better and smoother than every software codec.