rtp header extension

dvbuser2010

Imagenio IPTV provider has changed recently the streaming protocol from UDP to RTP and since then it doesn´t visualize properly with DVBViewer.

It seems Imagenio is using rtp header extensions so the rtp header is longer than the usual 12 bytes. You can see details in this Mediaportal thread in which Stepko resolve the problem http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/television-mytv-frontend-tv-server-90/iptv-not-working-78629/index12.html

Please modify the TVIP filter so it delete the full rtp header so we can use again this great program.

Thanks

Edited by dvbuser2010
  • 4 months later...
It seems Imagenio is using rtp header extensions

Is is (28 bytes instead of 12 bytes). In the last days I was busy with integrating the IPTV code (up to now only used in DVBViewer Pro and a special TransEdit_IPTV edition) in the "official" TransEdit version, and after analyzing the RTP header handling I came to the result that it is error-prone in case of extended headers. So I tried to find a better handling... but I have no opportunity to test it with such an IPTV stream.

Maybe you can do it for me. I will upload a TransEdit test version to the members area, beta section, and post here as soon as it is available. Please stay tuned...

• 1 month later...

Thank you very much!!

I'm sorry that I didn't answer quicker but after a couple months I stopped checking regularly so I missed this post.

I just downloaded the 4.8.0.1 version and it works perfectly. Now I can use DVBViewer Pro again!

Transedit 3.7.2.0 doesn't show any missing packets.

I'm really happy because I love the quality of DVBViewer.

post-102458-0-98525600-1304094433_thumb.jpg