MPEG2 Editing

rapper

For cutting you can use MPG2Schnitt.

You must only demux with PVAStrumento or ProjectX. Links here in the board avaible.

Steffen

If you don't want to pay for some things you have to learn!

Its realy easy to use MG2Schnitt! My 10 years old niece could cut with this programm !!!

• 3 weeks later...

> My 10 years old niece could cut with this programm !!!

Wow. I can't really believe that. I find this program very difficult to use.

I wish there would be a better tool, that can demux -> cut -> remux

And is easy to use.

eg.: It was necessary to load video and audio seperately with the same open-dialog. Otherwise You have no sound. The program doesn't tell or show you about it. You simply think the sound somehow doesnt work until you find out what's wrong...

The manual is very strange too. It's not like a guide. It's more a quite confusing describtion of the single functions with lots of numbers.

You forgot to mention, that one needs not only pvastrumento in addition to use this program but also some kind of a remuxer to combine the video and audio after cutting.

Because this program doesn't seem to be able to do at least this on it's own.

Or I couldn't figure out how. The readme sais: use an external program for that. You can then control this tool from inside mpg2schnitt...

Great. ;)( No hint found in the readme or manual on where to get such a program...

So the program might be good if you use it on a daily basis. But when You simply want to cut a file and have not more than 30minutes time: go for something more convinient (and probably expensive)...

So now. 3 hours of trial and error and a lot of searchengine-usage later...

I wish I'd be your niece, Klausing... *fg*

I managed to do all I wanted now. Finally.

It was not possible for me to convince mplex1.exe to remux anything, but I downloaded tmpgenc2.5 and this was very easy to use and remuxed the thing fine.

Use Mpg-Tools in the File-Menue of Tmpg-Enc!

It's 30 day Trial-Ware. But if You use it twice a year or something like I do, this won't be a big problem.

If you search a simplest sw I suggest MPEG2Cut2

I havent tested the last version (15-07-2004), but the previous one work stright for me...

Cheers

Gioxy

PS: VirtualDubMod CAN save in MPEG; you have to set "Direct Stream Copy" in the "Video" menu...

@Technofriend: Its realy true, my niece can do this.

I think the system is simple. Go to startpoint mark it go to endpoint and mark it. Add this part. After adding all reclame-free-parts, save the whole thing. ready.

My DVD author needs demuxed stream and so i don't have to remuxe it.

And demuxing is quit simple with PVAStrumento or ProjectX. File loading (in projectx you can do this with drag&drop) and one click on demux. Ready.

Steffen