DVBViewer 4.5 + Windows 7 Crash

CCTVHK

Wonder if any user has this problem, occasionally the DVBViewer program (version 4.5 plus dvbsource 3.5.2) is closed by Windows 7. The error report by Windows indicates that the interaction between DVBViewer and Win 7 ceases.

This didn't happen when I was using version 4.0.0 with dvbsource 3.4.3, with the decoder mix unchanged, ie, Microsoft decoder and AC3.

Let's share our experience.

I'm having it crash without even being able to watch anything.. as soon as I try and select a channel to view it freezes and windows reports it's stopped working... the error report states "AppCrash"

I'm having to use an old version - 3.9.4.0. Really frustrating.

• 4 weeks later...

I had problems with 4.5 version installed on Win 7 64, so I removed it. I have not recorded when and why 4.5 caused problems I just gave up and re-installed 4.2.1 which works very reliably and satisfactorily.

I had problems with 4.5 version installed on Win 7 64, so I removed it. I have not recorded when and why 4.5 caused problems I just gave up and re-installed 4.2.1 which works very reliably and satisfactorily.

Thanks, but how i get older versions?, i got only 4.5, and there i no way on the members are to get other than the last.

Thanks a lot.

Ok I solved the problem: in Options DirectX do not choose EVR as video renderer.

Did you try EVR custom? Without EVR in Windows 7 you will not get video acceleration (DXVA 2).

Did you try EVR custom? Without EVR in Windows 7 you will not get video acceleration (DXVA 2).

That couses again no crash but no video after zapping for a while, could not find the reason yet...

That couses again no crash but no video after zapping for a while, could not find the reason yet...

Do you have 'Vsync by Aero' selected? Also try selecting 'TV/Radio Pre-Format Detection' for Video & Audio.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have 'Vsync by Aero' selected? Also try selecting 'TV/Radio Pre-Format Detection' for Video & Audio.

Yes still can not use EVR which has a better a picture quality any other solutions?

Edited by mrkati

Knowing that problem, i can't understand why someone from the staff , don't give us a link to the older releases.

I know that it has a very low price, but low price and useless, is not fair!

Thanks

I''ve tried every option in Directx and, when trying to see a channel, everything is going blank and it reports an unspecific error and closes DVBViewer. I haven't got any help from support email so this issue seems to be out of control. By the way, DVBViewer GE allows to see channels; not changing satellite though...

I wish you a merry christmas and a happy new year, if possible seeing satellite tv with DVBViewer 4.5

setup.xml

• 2 weeks later...

DVBViewer 4.5 totally unusable on Win7 actually. Impossible to change channels. Each time i try, windows popup the error message:

- Check online for a solution and close the program

- Close the program

Im pretty much skilled in IT, so i tried EVERYTHING in the last 3 month. EVERYTHING!!

Now, its your turn, dear programmers.

Additional information:

exact TV-card modell : Technisat CableStar HD2

exact TV-card driver :

provider: Technisat

version : 1.1.1.502

date : 2009-07-02

mainbord type : ASUS P5K-V

chipset version: : Intel G33 Express / Intel ICH9 / Intel Fast Memory Access Technology

graphic card : ASUS Radeon 5850

driver :

provider: ATI Technologies Inc.

version : 8.771.0.0

date : 2010-08-25

But... in the last 3 month i tried various versions of video drivers. Also reinstalled Windows7 2 month ago. DVBViewer still not working.

support.zip

which video/audio filters have you tried? Is the Error reproducible with every combination of decoders? Does DVBViewer work as long as you don't switch channels, or not at all? Have you overclocked anything? Do you have any plugins installed? Try to rename plugins folder to plugins1 to temporarily disable all plugins.

yes, all of the available decoders and renderers reproduce this error. switching between mpeg2 and mpeg4 also reproduce it.

but

when i open the application, the last channel displayed correctly! if i edit the ini file and edit the last channel entry, dvbviwer can open it correctly! only the channel switching causes the above issue.

i use only netstreaming plugin. although tried to rename the plugin folder, same result (no working)

nothing is overclocked in the system.

i downloaded the latest version of DVBViewer TE2... that works correctly.

In Windows 7 x64 and Windows Vista x64 DVBViewer not responding after 20-40 minutes of watch only on HD channels, SD chanels you can watch as long as you want, playback of mkv, DVD, BlueRay works perfect too, tried PowerDVD10, Arcsoft, Microsoft codecs with audio codec ffdshow. Think the problem is hardware decoding, I'll try this weekend use DVBViewer without Aero, I'll change theme to Windows clasic, windows is clear, only yesterday reinstall everyfing, PC I'm using only for watching TV and movies. 20 years I'm working with computers, but can't find solution. Tried MainConcept Codec but he didn't have hardware decoding and uses about 40% CPU. So I thing we still waiting from developers some fixes.

Found some solution for Windows 7 users

Windows Theme Clasic (Aero off)

DVBViewer - VSync by Aero - Off

Windows Power Options - High performance

Video - Power DVD 10

Audio - AC3 Filter

Now the system works perfect, no more crash.

(Win7 x64, Nvidia GF9500GT, 6Gb. RAM (2Gb. RamDisk), SkyStar HD2 DVB-S2, Pinnacle DVB-T 250i, MCE Remote)

• 1 month later...

Found some solution for Windows 7 users

Windows Theme Clasic (Aero off)

DVBViewer - VSync by Aero - Off

Windows Power Options - High performance

Video - Power DVD 10

Audio - AC3 Filter

Now the system works perfect, no more crash.

(Win7 x64, Nvidia GF9500GT, 6Gb. RAM (2Gb. RamDisk), SkyStar HD2 DVB-S2, Pinnacle DVB-T 250i, MCE Remote)

Does not turning Aero off also turn off hardware acceleration (meaning you will high CPU usage on HD channels)?

Aero has nothing to do with DXVA. Since Vista DXVA is working only with Enhanced Video Renderer (EVR), see >options >directX in the DVBViewer properties.

OK, well I have to say I am not getting any of the crashing problems in Windows 7 here with aero enabled (32 bit, NVidia 9800GT, Microsoft DTV-DVD decoder).

Edited by dvbrewer
  • 3 weeks later...

After a lot of tests this is my problem:

Windows 7 x64 + DVBViewer 4.x + Skystar 2 HD + DXVA + HD Channel= DVBViewer Crashes

If i change one of this variables then DVBViewer not crashes.

For example if i dont use Skystar 2 HD and i use Unicast then it not crash.

Or if i use a SD channel then it not crash.

Or if i use a not DXVA decoder then it not crash.

It is like if there is a problem with Skystar 2 HD and DXVA in Windows 7 x64, maybe the drivers?

i have the latests drivers for Skystar 2 HD.

any idea?

@mrkati - I'm not sure what the problem could be. Everything works good for me.

Windows 7 x86 Ultimate

4GB RAM

nvidia GTX 260

NOVA HD S2 sat card

DVBViewer v4.6.0.1 (EVR Renderer, Cyberlink H.264 Decoder v10.0.2701.51 DXVA, AC3Filter)

Perhaps new RAM or a new GPU might help?? Send me a pm if you need 4.2, I still have it.

-killer102

Edited by killer102
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi..I was wondering how you managed to downgrade to ver 4.2?? I really love the version and I did a mistake of updating to version 4.6. The problem is when i reintsall version 4.2 it installs all the way, only that after a while i get the error messege: DVBViewer Error! Please instal the DVBViewer with the correct data!

And the ver 4.2 isnt compatible with the newer version Transedit. Can you please give me some advice??? Where can I donwload the older version of Transedit??

Thanks, Dave

It is like if there is a problem with Skystar 2 HD and DXVA in Windows 7 x64, maybe the drivers?

i have the latests drivers for Skystar 2 HD.

any idea?

Did you try using an older version of your graphics driver? With NVidia drivers newer than 258.96, for me, any H264 content using a DXVA codec i.e. HD channels will not work.