DiseqC support for Anysee Devices

Logicheart

Hello...

I have an Anysee E30S2Plus digital satellite card and a simple DiseqC (22KHz Tone burst)... Under the native Anysee viewer works alright but it doesn't work under DVBViewer Pro... I have installed the latest drivers from Anysee (anysee E30 Satellite ver 1.3.26 beta1 driver 20100203) and the latest version of DVBViewer Pro (4.5)... I setup the DiseqC but i can see only one LNB not the other...

What can i do to make it work? The version of DVBViewer Pro supports DiseqC fro Anysee devices...

Thanks in advance...

Hello and thanks for the quick reply...

I don't have any problem with scanning of stations... I already have the listings... The problem is that i cannot watch any station from the second LNB because DiseqC doesn't work... For example i can see Astra stations but not Hotbird stations... The hardware does not have any problem, because with the original software i can see stations from both LNB... For some reason DiseqC does not work with DVBViewer Pro...

I have checked and re-checked and tried all hardware settings and DiseqC combinations without any result...

Thanks in advance for your all your help...

I don't have any problem with scanning of stations...

What do you want, when you can scan the channels at Hotbird-Position, then you also must see this channels, or what.

Try it with "Transedit", when you in this program can scan all channels , then it must also go with DVBViewer, but Transedit is easyer and you can try more options.

PeterF

The problem is that i cannot watch any station from the second LNB because DiseqC doesn't work...

DiSEqC support for Anysee devices is implemented in DVBViewer and TransEdit (according to the SDK that we got from Anysee), but nobody confirmed it as working up to now.

So I guess there's something wrong with the code, but we can't pinpoint the problem, because none of the developers and testers here has such a device. Maybe we can make it work with your help by trying this and that... it may require a bit of time and patience. Your first step would be to install TransEdit 3.6 (see members area), launch it and close it in order to create the file TransEdit.ini in the configuration folder (see Info Menu in TransEdit). Please attach this file here. In the meanwhile I'll check the Anysee SDK again...

There is no problem helping to resolve this issue... I did the following...

1) Download TransEdit 3.6 from Members Area,

2) Copied the files to DVBViewer folder,

3) Opened and closed the program,

4) Attached the TransEdit.ini file here..

Please guide me to the next steps, necessary to resolve the issue...

Thanks again for your efforts...

TransEdit.ini

Ok, that revealed the first problem: TransEdit didn't detect your device as Anysee (unexpected Vendor- and Product ID), so the wrong DiSEqC method is applied. Please do the following:

- Open the file TransEdit.ini with Notepad (TransEdit must be closed)

- Change the Vendor.0=0 entry in the [Hardware] section to Vendor.0=20. Save it.

- Launch TransEdit, select a suitable transponder list on the left side, set DiSEqC to Simple B, click Apply and try if you can scan Transponders with the second LNB.

I did the following...

1) Opened TransEdit.ini (with TransEdit closed)...

2) Changed Vendor.0=0 to Vendor.0=20 and saved...

3) Open TransEdit and selected HotBird 13 with selection SimpleB for DiseqC...

4) Scanned for channels with no success...

It couldn't find any channels... I must also point out that in TransEDit i haven't done any settings regarding anything (card etc..)... All tests i have done and mentioned before was in DVBViewer not TransEdit...

Best regards...

Also tried it with setting up some options for the card in Settings window -> Hardware where after pressing Detect Devices, i can see two Device for Anysee...

One is anysee BDA Digital Tuner(DVB-S2) and the other is anysee BDA Digital Tuner(MCE DVB-S2)...

No result either...

Tried it with all options... No result...

As expected ;) There has been a similar report some time ago.

after pressing Detect Devices, i can see two Device for Anysee...

The MCE device is not usable for TransEdit. Set it to Status = Don't use -> click Save.

Let's get experimental:

Attached a functionally restricted TransEdit test version 3.6.0.3 (only scanning works). It additionally contains a debug facility. If the Anysee DiSEqC method is called, TransEdit will write a TransEditLog.txt file to the Configuration Folder (where TransEdit.ini is) when it is closed.

So please

- store TransEdit_Test.exe in the same folder as TransEdit.exe.

- make sure that the Vendor.0=20 entry is still present in TransEdit.ini

- launch TransEdit_Test.exe and scan a Transponder with Simple B

- close TransEdit and post the content of the log file here.

Maybe it will tell us what is wrong. Parts of the Anysee sample code that I got are a bit... well, let's say odd, making me suspicious from the beginning. In TransEdit 3.6.0.3 I've corrected a small oddity that doesn't seem right to me. Let's see how many test versions it takes...

Edited by Griga
Attachment removed

Hello...

I did the following..

1) Disabled the MCE device,

2) Stored TransEdit_Test.exe in the same folder as TransEdit.exe,

3) In Hardware section of .ini file the setting Vendor.0=20 is OK,

4) Launched the Test .exe file...

No positive results yet.. :-)

I attach the log file...

Best regards...

TransEditLog.txt

It can't work:

PropertySet.Set: FFFFFFFF8007007A

That's an error code. The Anysee driver doesn't accept the DiSEqC call.

After some researches I've found a possible reason for this error. Try the next test version. Same procedure as above...

Edited by Griga
Attachment removed

Strange... i was quite sure that the last modification would fix it. Everything is ok, but the final call fails for some unknown reason.

Nevertheless another (slightly modified) test version attached. Additionally I've changed / extended the logging a bit. If this doesn't work I'll send the log to Anysee and ask them what the driver actually wants...

Edited by Griga
Attachment removed

Still the same results...

I attach the log file...

If you talk with Anysee, the driver i am using is anysee E30 Satellite ver 1.3.26 beta1 driver 20100203 and my OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x64 English...

Thanks for your efforts in this issue...

TransEditLog.txt

Thanks for your efforts. This morning I've sent the log and your driver/OS description to Anysee, and now I'm waiting for a reply.

Error 8007007A usually means "the data area passed to a system call is too small", but I don't know why it occurs, since I'm using a DiSEqC data area as specified by Anysee. Maybe it's due to the x64 OS or the beta driver, dunno... we could try this and that, but without knowing exactly what the driver wants it's a gamble, probably requiring many test versions.

So let's first see what Anysee thinks about it. I'll post here again as soon as I know more...

Well, that worked like a charm... It works just fine with this Test version... :-)

How can we have it also in the main program?

Many thanks for all your help...

Best regards...

How can we have it also in the main program?

AFAIK there will be a DVBViewer Pro service update with the correct DiSEqC code within the next weeks. So you have to wait...

Personally I could upload an unrestricted TransEdit and/or DVBViewer GE test version to the beta section of members area, if desired. Though technically up-to-date, DVBViewer GE doesn't provide all the DVBViewer Pro features. CI support, DVB subtitles, the sophisticated Pro OSD and some other things are missing.

Ok, done. You first need a DVBViewer GE 3.0.1 installation (the official download from the members area). Please read the included ReadMe!

After having unpacked the DVBViewer GE ZIP replace DVBViewer.exe by version 3.0.1.2 provided in the Beta Section. Please note: This is an unplanned intermediate version, so there may be unexpected quirks.

If there are any other questions concerning DVBViewer GE, please start a new thread for it. Let's keep this one DiSEqC related.