My Pictures functionality

dvbrewer

Since automatic zooming and scanning is possible, you could enable manual zooming and navigation with the following button assignments:

Next/Previous picture: Programme Up/Down

Start/Stop slideshow: OK/Select button

Zoom In/Out: Volume Up/Down

Navigate image (when zoomed in): OSD left/right/up/down

Couple of other points, currently when selecting a recursive slideshow with pan & scan turned on, two photos are loaded simultaneously, is that intentional? Second point, My Pictures does not seem to allow viewing of shortcuts to images.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Since automatic zooming and scanning is possible, you could enable manual zooming and navigation with the following button assignments:

Next/Previous picture: Programme Up/Down

Start/Stop slideshow: OK/Select button

Zoom In/Out: Volume Up/Down

Navigate image (when zoomed in): OSD left/right/up/down

Bump, please add this, other media centers have the ability.

• 9 months later...

Would it be possible to play several folders randomly? I can play only from folder inside.

Thanks.

Yes would be useful, either play a sub folder's contents randomly, or in order, or randomly picking from multiple sub folders simultaneously.

PLEASE NOTE there is also a bug that means the screensaver is not prevented either with pictures or radio/music, or both together.

Edited by dvbrewer
  • 1 month later...

The way zoom is implemented in XBMC is using number keys 0-9, 1-9 for increasing zoom levels, 0 returns to fit screen.

Edited by dvbrewer

The way zoom is implemented in XBMC is using number keys 0-9, 1-9 for increasing zoom levels, 0 returns to fit screen.

XBMC seems pretty stable with this, memory use jumps up by 80MB zooming in & out of 10 megapixel jpegs, none greater than 3MB, going back to XBMC home screen & memory falls back to normal. I can see how you might want to restrict max file size for zooming for stability though. One fault in XBMC method is it allows zooming beyond the native resolution of the image, so you might want to change it to use OK/select to go to 100% zoom, then use volume down to zoom back out (manually zoom in with volume+).

Edited by dvbrewer