Subtitles missing in recordings

entrecour

I have noticed that subtitles aren't included in my recordings anymore. I looked back at some older recordings I have prior to DVB 4.5 and they have subtitles, but anything that I record now does not retain the subtitles that are visible when viewing the same program live.

I am using EVR custom and recording to .mpg.

Is this a known problem?

I guess you record to .ts. When I change my recording output to .ts the Format Options become "ungreyed" and I can change them. I guess I must have changed to .mpg earlier this year.

Just did a short test with DVB Subtitles enabled in Recording Format Options / Output format set to .ts and I still don't get subtitles in the recording! :huh:

I'll do some more testing later.

No, you're right it doesnt work for me either! My provider uses teletext subs and when recording a show with subs going they do not show up when playing the recording in DVBViewer later on :wtf:

EDIT: Sorry, one had to activate the sub on the recording when playing it in DVBViewer for it to work. :blush:

Edited by majstang

No, you're right it doesnt work for me either! My provider uses teletext subs and when recording a show with subs going they do not show up when playing the recording in DVBViewer later on :wtf:

For me DVB subs works ok (live or recorded), but teletext subs I have to enable every time when watching recordings. When watching live broadcasting I don't have to enable teletext subs once it has been done for each channel.

For me DVB subs works ok (live or recorded), but teletext subs I have to enable every time when watching recordings. When watching live broadcasting I don't have to enable teletext subs once it has been done for each channel.

Yes, exactly - I had to enable the correct teletext stream. A bit of a pain but at least it works.