Change refresh rate

galmok

I finally found a tool to change the refresh rate in windows (Display Changer, http://www.12noon.com/index.htm) that even has a command line tool to change (amongs others) the refresh rate of the display without needing to have the user acknowledge the change. Fire and forget and it happens. :)

I created a command.vbs file in Scripts and put this in (extract of complete file):

sub main(ActionID)
       Select Case ActionID 
           Case 20481
               OSD.ExecNewProcess "C:\Program Files (x86)\12noon Display Changer\dccmd.exe", "-monitor=\\.\DISPLAY2 -refresh=24", False, True

Case Else
           'Bei allen anderen ActionIDs
               osd.showInfoinTVpic "No action in the Command.vbs for the ActionID " & ActionID,1000
               'Zeige die Text Information No action in the Command.vbs for the ActionID (ActionID)
               'für 1000 Millisekunden im DVBViewer an.
       End Select
    end sub

I mapped it to F12 and pressing F12 causes the refresh rate to switch to 24 hz. Success. :)

But I would really like to have it adapt to the current media and the take into account the limitations of my TV (I'll supply the limitations). For that to work I need to know how I can extract the framerate the media is encoded with. Is that possible? And if, how? :)

Also, I would have liked to create an OSD menu calling various processes (basically let me manually select a refresh rate, e.g. 24, 25, 30, 50 or 60 Hz). Can I do that without having to compile a program (i.e. can I call command.vbs somehow)?

Thanks. :)

I spoke too soon. It has a bug. It removes surrounding "" in the External application name field, ruining my configuration:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\12noon Display Changer\dccmd" -monitor=\\.\DISPLAY2 -refresh="%s"

is turned into:

C:\Program Files (x86)\12noon Display Changer\dccmd" -monitor=\\.\DISPLAY2 -refresh="%s

I tried changing it to:

C":\Program Files (x86)\12noon Display Changer\dccmd" -monitor=\\.\DISPLAY2 -refresh=%s

But that doesn't work. :-( (works on the command line, though)

Not sure how I should fix this problem except for making a path without spaces...

This worked:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\12noon Display Changer\dccmd" -monitor=\\.\DISPLAY2 -refresh=%s

We should just avoid using a configuration line that begins and ens with " (which will get deleted).