SkyAVC changes...

marfi

Very importand for all user of SkyAVC.ax !!!

Last versions of SkyAVC.ax uses registry keys :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MARFI.AX\***

instaed of

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MARFI>AX.\***

--

marfi

Marfi,

I have been having trouble setting PIDs for the data pin output of the skyAVC filter. When I try and add PIDs they appear as unknown characters in the box and after applying and opening the properties again they have strange numbers (20 and 7686)?

Do you know anything about this? Is it a bug with the filter?

I've tried speaking to crypto and he's had the same problem.

Cheers

Have seen a post on DVBPortal site which is still having problems with the data pin. It seems that although you can now add the PID, when you play the graph nothing comes through and when you look again the PID has been removed.

Any thoughts on that Marfi?

Cheers

The new registry key raises some problems with DVBViewer 2.1, since it still writes the values entered in Options/ DirectShow Filters/ Source Filter to the old registry key.

Here is a little tool that may be used as a workaround. It copies all registry values from

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\MARFI.AX\***

to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MARFI.AX\***

So if you use a new version of Marfi's filter, run CopyMarfiReg.exe once, additionally each time after having applied changes in the above mentioned DVBViewer options (and then perform 'Rebuild Graph' to let the new settings take effect, if the DVBViewer is running).

This software can be freely distributed to everyone who needs it. But you use it at your own risk!

EDIT: The tool is obsolete since the latest DVBViewer version 2.2 has been released. So I removed it...

Edited by Griga

Does your tool copy all user rights from the old path too? Or only the entrys?

Steffen

when you look again the PID has been removed.

After graph STOP all PIDs are removed - it's by design. But if you start graph again PIDs are reactivated.

Ok, I see now that the PIDs are only there when the filter is being played.

However, I still can't get data decoded via the data pin. Attached is the graph I am using, specifying the PID that I want in both the SkyAVC properties and the MPEG demultiplexer. All I get is a blank screen. Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

post-8-1090401947_thumb.jpg

Edited by sgauntlett

On the SkyAVC data I have added the following PIDs

0x0 (PAT)

0x1044 (PMT)

0x600 (Video ES)

(BBC1 in the UK)

Still I get nothing.

Sorry for being so useless, it's probable something silly!

I lately experienced that an older SkyAVC version did nothing at all unless I first added the APID and then the VPID (in the Videorecorder Plugin). The other way round the callback delivered no data.

How did you manage to create the demuxer video output pin? I always thought it's a push mode thing - MSDN says the output pins must be created by an application in this case. Did you do it with GraphEdit? :bye:

P.S. If the channel broadcasts a separate PCR stream the PCR PID must be added too (mostly it's already contained in the video or audio stream, however).

Edited by Griga

it looks like you can't get it anymore from the elecard websites

neither on www.moonlight.co.il nor www.moonlight.net.ru

would you know any alternative website where it is available, please? I can't find any...

How did you manage to create the demuxer video output pin? I always thought it's a push mode thing - MSDN says the output pins must be created by an application in this case. Did you do it with GraphEdit?  :bye:

Yes, I used Graphedit to create an output pin and assigned that pin a PID.

Does that not work?

I will now have a look at this Spy filter.

wigso, I eventually found the filter at the following link:

http://www.elecard.com/ftp/pub/directshow/spy_0.5.zip

Demux property page

"The requested property page could not be displayed" whatever I do :bye:

????

I use Windows XP, DirectX 9, GraphEdit DirectX 9.0 - Build 030909, demux "mpg2splt.ax" ver. 6.5.1.900 (136192 bytes)

Strange - same here: WinXP Home, DirectX9, GraphEdit 9.0.0.400, MS Demuxer 6.5.1.900

I found a posting in Google Groups - someone had the same problem, and it was gone after installing the DirectX9 SDK. Maybe that's the reason - re-registering doesn't help.

Edited by Griga

On my PC I can open the property page and I also have DX9 SDK installed.

For experiments with the tranport stream I recommend the PSI Parser filter from the SDK. It communicates with the mpeg splitter and can extract programs and A/V pids from the PMT. I used it for my TS player, but then stopped the project because of Griga's TS Player, which does anything I need. :bye:

post-8-1090450126_thumb.png

I also have DX9 SDK installed

I haven't. However, if I want to connect SkyAVC to the MS Demuxer I can write some code that configures the output pins...

@sgauntlett: Ok, now you have to find a DirectShow demuxer for the desired H.264 or WM9 format that

- supports push mode (required for live sources). Most demuxers only support pull mode for file playback

- supports TS input.

Will be pretty hard, I guess... or Marfi does the trick again (wouldn't be the first time).

... or Marfi does the trick again (wouldn't be the first time).

Who in Europe transmit signal other than MPEG ?

Edited by marfi

I think it is a good idea to be prepared for H.264 or WM9. In the early days Euro1080 already used WM9. HD in MPEG2 is a wast of bandwith and not many providers are willing to dedicate a full transponder to one channel. TPS have already committed their selves to HD MPEG4 use.

Guest DAvenger
Demux property page

"The requested property page could not be displayed" whatever I do :)

There is a file like "Register.bat" right? (or something like that)

Open it and change the path from SYSTEM to SYSTEM32

Run

:bye:

There is a file like "Register.bat" right?

No Register.bat. The MS Demuxer is installed and registered with DirectX. The property page seems to be an additional component of the DirectX9 SDK.

Guest DAvenger
There is a file like "Register.bat" right?

No Register.bat. The MS Demuxer is installed and registered with DirectX. The property page seems to be an additional component of the DirectX9 SDK.

I was talking about Graphedit. Sorry.

http://www.progdigy.com/download/graphedit.zip

There is a DLL called proppage.dll which does not get registered because of that SYSTEM / SYSTEM32 bug :bye:

I'm still having trouble. :)

At the moment I have the SkyAVC video pin connected to a decoder and display that works fine. I then took the data pin, added a PID and passed that into the Elecard spy which showed lots of data coming through.

Great, I thought, be when I attach the MPEG-2 demultiplexer, assing the same PID and put the spy on the output of that I get nothing! What am I doing wrong??

All I want to prove is that what comes out of the data pin of the filter is what I expect but it doesn't seem that way. Then I can try things with H.264 and VC-9 instead of MPEG-2. Broadcasts of these are on there way as it would be wrong for Europe to mass launch HD services using MPEG-2.

Please show me the light Marfi...... ;)

Thanks for replying Marfi. :)

I have added the PAT (0) and PMT (4228) and the Video PID (610). I don't know where the 20 came from, I didn't add it! The demux is set to the equivalent video PID (0x262) but I still see nothing on the spy.

As for clock source, what do you mean? Have I got something missing?

Cheers

20 ist the PID for the Time Offset Table (TOT), inserted automatically by SkyAVC. Needs it for checking wether it shall expire or not :)

Clock Source: Required for every filter graph. The MS demuxer can be the clock source, deriving it from the PCR (Program Clock Reference) in the TS. That's why it refuses to work when there is no PCR. The audio renderer (e.g. default direct sound device) can be the clock source as well, deriving it from the sound card. Or the system clock....

Since there are two demuxers in your graph, there might be some confusion concerning the clock. I think, by right-clicking the demuxer you can select wether it shall work as a clock source or not.

Edited by Griga
20 ist the PID for the Time Offset Table (TOT), inserted automatically by SkyAVC. Needs it for checking wether it shall expire or not  :)

I always wondered why this pid is taken by default ;)

Thanks Griga,

I only had the top demultiplexer to check that I was still receiving a signal. I have removed that and simply have a single chain now.

If I right click the demuxer, the option of Clock setting is greyed out so I cannot do anything with that.

Still nothing coming out of the Spy.....

Any more thoughts?