Recording Service improvement suggestion

JPV1961

With combination DVBViewer+Scheduler and EPGPlus it is possible to update EPG data AND make auto-search for predefined programs to be recorded AND transfer them to Scheduler without waking pc from sleep mode. It does it so that update (both EPG data,search programs to be recorded and moving to Scheduler) happens only when pc is up and running. In some (rare) cases (specially with Win 7 and DVBViewer 4.5) this combination is not working properly so I'd like to see same option in Recording Service.

This means probably separate recording timer and search function from each other meaning timer is capable to wake pc from sleep/hibernate (as it must do) and search programs from EPG and save them to timer only when pc is running.

what is the problem with the pc being waked up? You can choose "standby" as end action and after the update (10-15min) the pc will go to standby/hibernate again. I don't see the problem with the RS starting the PC once every 3-4 days for 15 minutes. Additionally you can do the EPG update at times where the PC is on most of the time.

Or just shutdown the computer (not hibernate or standby). Then the RS will not wake it up AND you will save energy.

There is also a possibility to make the timer system more flexible. For example being abled to combine an autosearch timer (update timerdb) and a process timer (EPG update) inside a recording timer (only using the autostart of the recording timer). Upside: more flexibility and (minor) powersaving. Downside: If the series you are using this kind of timer with stops airing, no more EPG update and timerupdate (risk of missing recordings).

There is also a possibility to make the timer system more flexible. For example being abled to combine an autosearch timer (update timerdb) and a process timer (EPG update) inside a recording timer (only using the autostart of the recording timer). Upside: more flexibility and (minor) powersaving. Downside: If the series you are using this kind of timer with stops airing, no more EPG update and timerupdate (risk of missing recordings).

Are you stupid or can't you read/understand english? :blink:

I'd like to see option which makes EPG update and EPG search only WHEN PC IS running....isn't it running when I*m looking recorded series or program or isn't it running when I'm eg. surfing in net or play games?

If series I'm looking for is stopped (or stops airing) then there's nothing to be updated or timed isn't there?

I HATE when pc is waking up by itself no matter what time is it...it is not that silent (yet).

BTW. Who is/are developers or Recording Service? Are they already answered?

Are you stupid or can't you read/understand english? :blink:

I'd like to see option which makes EPG update and EPG search only WHEN PC IS running....isn't it running when I*m looking recorded series or program or isn't it running when I'm eg. surfing in net or play games?

If series I'm looking for is stopped (or stops airing) then there's nothing to be updated or timed isn't there?

I HATE when pc is waking up by itself no matter what time is it...it is not that silent (yet).

BTW. Who is/are developers or Recording Service? Are they already answered?

You are probably the stupidest guy I have ever encountered in here...ranting and raving on how much a tiny wake-up bugs you...you are ridiculous. There must be homes for your kind.

You are probably the stupidest guy I have ever encountered in here...ranting and raving on how much a tiny wake-up bugs you...you are ridiculous. There must be homes for your kind.

It's totally my business if I don't want TINY WAKE-UP happening and I don't need any comments for that.

What I want it that supporter/program developer gives simple answer is that possible to create or not.

(Oh...you're those guys/gals who are digging blood from their nose.How old (read young) are you?

Why three's always for 1 who make proposal for improvement 10 idiots who comment that?)

It is most of the time possible to do those things. The question is, is there enough demand for this feature. You are the very first in this forum to request such a feature and you got more than one answer how to "workaround" with other settings. You have not however commented on that. ("Additionally you can do the EPG update at times where the PC is on most of the time.","Or just shutdown the computer (not hibernate or standby). Then the RS will not wake it up AND you will save energy.") Or just use other EPG Update "plugins" like XEPG etc. (or don't update at all, changing to a transponder will update anyhow)

It's totally my business if I don't want TINY WAKE-UP happening and I don't need any comments for that.

What I want it that supporter/program developer gives simple answer is that possible to create or not.

(Oh...you're those guys/gals who are digging blood from their nose.How old (read young) are you?

Why three's always for 1 who make proposal for improvement 10 idiots who comment that?)

What you don't understand is my initial comment was directed at the developers as a complement to your originally suggestion. I only do try to help folks out here on this forum and for that you do attack me. For being born 1961 you do come forward as being quite unmature, ranting on how you hate wake-ups and like a two-year old trying to force your will upon the world. What you don't get is developers do seldom give comments if they think the suggestion is good or not and if it will be implemented. We'll will have to wait and see. This is the way they work.

You have now stated your suggestion so please put a cork in it and be patient. Throwing insults on people that surley do not deserve it, does not benefit your case. It only displays lack of intelligence.

It is most of the time possible to do those things. The question is, is there enough demand for this feature. You are the very first in this forum to request such a feature and you got more than one answer how to "workaround" with other settings. You have not however commented on that. ("Additionally you can do the EPG update at times where the PC is on most of the time.","Or just shutdown the computer (not hibernate or standby). Then the RS will not wake it up AND you will save energy.") Or just use other EPG Update "plugins" like XEPG etc. (or don't update at all, changing to a transponder will update anyhow)

Ok..I give up...just forget it...this was just an idea and as I sees it very worth of developing but if I can't get any support then just let it be...

Those workarounds are just workarounds and I'm not happy with them.

I see some merit in your request, though its not something that I need personally.

However, after your very rude attack on majstang who was doing nothing more than passively supporting your request, and adding further ideas, Id be surprised if anyone wants to help you again.