New membersite login problems

Richardo1

Hi Im using DVBViewer 4.2.1 for a long time now and now tried download of 4.5

I received my credentials within very short time, but login is impossible.

A letter to hackbart gave the answer to write correctly, check allowance for cookies and fill in name for trusted sites and use CRTL-V for paste.

I have tried what I think is more than any combination of explorers settings , firewalls and antivirus disabled.

I have tried from different PC's with different OS (XP sp3), Win7

I have tried disabling of router firewall.

But HELP - nothing works.

Kepp getting this message :

» You must enter a valid login ID and password to access this resource (NOT the forum login data!).

» If you use IE 8, it is buggy: If you use copy and paste please use CTRL+V to paste the data.

» Der IE 8 hat einen Fehler: Bei Kopieren und Einfügen die Daten bitte mit STRG+V einfügen

I'm alloved to access my netbank, accessing my companys network, accessing the danish authorites for changing and reporting of tax payments.

But unable to access the DVBViewer membersite.

Can anyone help me out ??

Had the same issue yesterday! Was using IE8 and it was completly impossible to log in. Didn't matter if copying, pasting or manually typing the user/pass everything failed. Fired up Google Chrome and it worked the very first try.

Edited by majstang

When dealing with such issues clearing the browser cache is something that should always be tried. Once erroneous data is stored there, the browser uses it again and again...

Well, if not remebering wrong, I do think IE8 is set to not store any usernames and passwords as default, so there should not be any erroneous data cached.

I do think IE8 is set to not store any usernames and passwords as default

They are never stored in the cache. However, other data that has already been received from the site may have a bad influence.

I give up.

4 different PC's running XP sp3 and Win7 64.

2 different Internet suppliers.

IE7,IE8,IE9,Goggle Chrome,Opera,Safari with all buffers flushed.

Internet Options set to Ask for Username and Password

DVBViewer.com and DVBViewer.tv written into thrusted sites and host.file

Used copy/paste as CTRL-C and CTRL-V

Disabled Firewall and Antivirus

Dismounted router.

I'm not able to log in to members section, but as You can see into this Forum, where I also used copy/paste of user/password in Firefox

Maybe I'm a newbie in this Forum, but I have 27 years experience with IT - starting with DIGITAL VMS back in '83.

Why is this membersite so restricted that normal PC users loose their hair during the attempt to log in ?

Per Richardsen

Loegumkloster

Daenemark

:mad:

Use firefox, Opera or Chrome.

Never had login problems with these bowsers.

IE has sometimes problems with login and FTP access.

These alternative browsers are also faster but I have to admit, Micrsoft improved IE on this matter

so IE8 became faster then IE7.

I have no problems to log-in with IE8 both 32bit version as 64bit version under windows 7 professional.

Ubuntu 10.04 has also no problems to log in, no matter which browser is used.

Edited by Benarty
  • 2 weeks later...

Problem is indeed slow or louzy (lagging) internet connection.

I tested the login on a slow asdl connection and could not login.

At home fast cable connection and login worked just fine.

Problem seems to be solved.

Benarty tested by credentials first at work (did'nt work) then at home - succeded.

Benarty also contacted Hackbart about this matter.

As I was writing an answer to Benarty I felt that I had to try once more before sending the PM to Benarty.

And guess what ?? I succeeded.

Then I tried from all other places and PC's and OS and Browsers that would'nt let me in - now they would - even through my own firewall to my company's server and through their firewall and IE8 with copy/paste and manual writing.

No problem at all - so my conclusion is that mr. Hackbart has fine tuned a few parameters in the login server.

Any way - many thanks to Benarty.

• 3 weeks later...

I share the frustration with the change of login as I have been trying for a month now to get new credentials having followed the 'How to Get New Credentials' guide, and emailed Hackbart twice as well as PM'ing him. I have received no reply to my emails or PM, he has apparently "left the conversation" without saying a word. Is he away?

Anyway, having clicked-on the link in the original response for new credentials, which takes me to a keyvalidating.php my old login will take me no further, and no I am NOT using the forum login data!

I have been using DVBViewer for a couple of years and guess I am stuck with the old version. :-(

Any help greatly appreciated.

john

• 5 months later...

Sorry, i absolutely hate to say this over and over again: If you are unable to log into the new members area with your old credentials, the new one are already sent. Our emails are often (mostly by the big providers like gmail, gmx, aol, etc.) false declared as SPAM, but absolutely no email provider just simply deletes them. You find the credentials in their spam/bulk/whatever they call it folders. There are plenty of reasons to act like this, the most likely fact is that a lot users use these providers and our emails have (except for the credentials) the same textual content.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I received my license & log-on information a few hours ago and with 2 different computers, 2 different internet connections and 2 browsers (IE 8 and 9, Firefox 5.01) from 2 locations I cannot log into the member's area. It's just a vicious circle of the log-in pop-up box coming back empty.

I've typed it all manually, copied and pasted, tried changing upper/lower case, but nothing lets me log on. I use NOD32 here (it's shut down) and the other location uses Norton AV. I added the URL to the safe sites list & turned off cookie blocking. No joy.

I have no intention of installing a third browser just for this.

There must be badly configured security at that site....

What is the adress you are trying?

And btw., you know the timezone in wich Germany is, here it is almost midnight, and i think, Mr. Hackbart sometimes need evening out of work..

PeterF

Yes, I realize there's a 6 hour difference in time, however I wrote back to him right after he sent the log-in information about 5 hours ago. I'm using https://www.DVBViewer.tv/members as shown in the license info email. The log-in box and subsequent screen are exactly what's described much earlier in this thread.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks!