dvbviewer and Chrome

krasno

Well..

This is the most strange I have experienced, and not sure exactly where to post it.

I decided it (properly) is not a bug in DVBViewer, so I post here..

If I log into Igoogle or Gmail using chrome as browser, DVBViewer can not start.

If I turn on Chrome but don't log in, DVBViewer can start.

If I log in via Gmaps, or other google sites, than gmail or Igoogle, DVBViewer can start.

If I start DVBViewer first, and then log in there is no problem !

If I log-off and don't restart Chrome the problem continues until Chrome is re-started.

If I log in using IE, DVBViewer can start in all cases.!!

Which means the problem could be isolated to Chrome, as I see it..

The DVBViewer start-up splash-screen ( the one with a green line moving from left to right at start-up :) ) stops at "initialize OSD skin, and then DvbV. stop responding.

I have tried everything related to firewalls, virusscanners (turned off totally), nothing helps.

Updated Chrome.

So far I have not re-installed DVBViewer..

Anyone have any idea what could produce that problem?

Someone clever might say:" use IE instead of Chrome and there is no problem..".. but ..I refuse :)

I want to know why :)

I use Win7 Ultimate, 32bit.

I have the same browser and OS and haven't experienced such issues ever. Sounds to me your system is really unstable, the registry is a very delicate thing and can easily be corrupted by any badly coded software.

Someone clever might say:" use IE instead of Chrome and there is no problem..".. but ..I refuse :)

I want to know why :)

If you want to piss in the wind, you must be prepared to get wet

Why don't you ask Google

Most probably the problem is sql lite related, Chrome use it to cache web pages and DVBViewer to manage various data; perhaps sql lite becomes too busy with Google to be used with DVBViewer in the same time...

Please try to start first DVBViewer and then Chrome and see if that make any difference...

:bye:

Most probably the problem is sql lite related, Chrome use it to cache web pages and DVBViewer to manage various data; perhaps sql lite becomes too busy with Google to be used with DVBViewer in the same time...

Please try to start first DVBViewer and then Chrome and see if that make any difference...

Hi:)

it does make a difference, the funny thing is it I can start Chrome, and then DVBViewer, BUT if I log into Gmail I can't !! If I start DVBViewer first ( with Chrome started) I also can log into gmail and everything works.

ehh what exactly is sql lite?

If you want to piss in the wind, you must be prepared to get wet

Why don't you ask Google

Well I did piss in the wind, you see, I was so stupid to update IE !! and then the problems with dvbv. started

+:

Same time preferred startpage where changed in Chrome!!! ( remark in Chrome!!) to MSN and search page to Bing. and Chrome generally behaved strange until I re-installed Chrome, now only the gmail problem is still there..

Maybe I should ask Microsoft..

..or just delete IE :) could be..!

delete IE
AFAIK IE has nothing in common with Chrome and sql lite, so delete it is useless...

what exactly is sql lite
it's a Public Domain SQL DBMS (Structured Query Language DataBase Managment System) and it's used by many thirdy party sw to manage their data; you can read more about it here: SQLite Wiki...

Well I did piss in the wind, you see, I was so stupid to update IE !! and then the problems with dvbv. started

+:

Same time preferred startpage where changed in Chrome!!! ( remark in Chrome!!) to MSN and search page to Bing. and Chrome generally behaved strange until I re-installed Chrome, now only the gmail problem is still there..

Maybe I should ask Microsoft..

..or just delete IE :) could be..!

Yes delete it all, and use your Telephone. Your relatives would love your new attention

Back to business:

Chrome is okay, but it is where IE was in the old days, left behind the competitors

But they came back in full strenght, and nearly killed all competitors

So maybee Chrome could do the same, but until then, you must live with the fact that Chrome is NOT the SW that defines the standard on the market

P.S. i don't hate Google, i love my Samsung Galaxy S mobile with Android, and i hate my old MS WIN Mobile Phone

AFAIK IE has nothing in common with Chrome and sql lite, so delete it is useless...

it's a Public Domain SQL DBMS (Structured Query Language DataBase Managment System) and it's used by many thirdy party sw to manage their data; you can read more about it here: SQLite Wiki...

thanx:)

but..and..ehmmm I think I'll just turn on Dvbv. before I log into gmail.. much easier than trying to find out how to solve sql lite problems I think..hehe But strange it only happens when I log in to Gmail (and Igoogle)..

Anyway ..as long as everything else works on this PC, including dvbv., I can't see a reason to re-install or something like that. so for now I'll live with this little strange behavior.

:rolleyes:

Yes delete it all, and use your Telephone. Your relatives would love your new attention

Back to business:

Chrome is okay, but it is where IE was in the old days, left behind the competitors

But they came back in full strenght, and nearly killed all competitors

So maybee Chrome could do the same, but until then, you must live with the fact that Chrome is NOT the SW that defines the standard on the market

P.S. i don't hate Google, i love my Samsung Galaxy S mobile with Android, and i hate my old MS WIN Mobile Phone

I don't think IE is better than Chrome, maybe it's the same today or something like that, but I got used to use Chrome and Google applications in general and I don't like Microsofts propietary behavior.. also a reason I'll never buy anything with that start with "I"..

In other words, here Chrome works, simple and fast.

But if DVBV. can run on my phone, controll my sat.disc and beam signals in HD to my projector I'll consider IE again (w00t):)

Imagine a phone with a Canal-Digital card sticking out on the side... :blink:

by the way I did delete IE yesterday, and ..maybe it's my imagination, but Chrome seems to run even faster now.. ( this is not a discussion start, just how it feels, you know faith can move mountains..sometimes..)

• 1 year later...

Huh, just experienced the same problem. I had to turn off chrome to start DVBViewer. Until that it always hanged on "Initializing OSD". This is one of the strangest problems I've ever seen =)