Command / Script when switching back to TV Mode

alex.ba

Hi all,

perhaps someone here has an ideas for this.

I want to launch an application when DVBViewer is set back to TV Mode e.g after stopping a video.

I know that there's a possibility to start a predefined action and I also know how to ask DVBViewer via com which mode it is. But I didn't find a way yet that DVBViewer itsel report back that it is now in TV Mode.

Any ideas?

Thanks and Regards,

Alex

I dont think there is such a function that gives you a report when a value changes inside the COM interface triggered by a mode change. The thing you wanna do is always akward to accomplish, cuz it requires persistant monitoring. You can always make a persistant script which constantly queries/monitors the tag to see which mode it is in every 10 seconds or so and when the right condition is met start your app, but these kind of script are not ideal in any way.

Hey all,

thank you very much.

Yes, that was a nice surprise, for alex.ba! Job's already done :) Provided it is possible to configure the monitoring plugin after different user needs.

I know the plugin and that it is mainly used for switching to other video Players (Blu-Ray etc.) I just read through the tutorial and well hopefully did not read anything wrong. Where do exactly think this would help. To ask the COM interface in certain time slots about the Mode is not problem. That would be my ver very last workaround :-) because like said this should not be done.

To explain more detail what I want to do: There's a Frequency Plugin from Snoppy that has not been updated a while. Unfortunately this causes problems in few configurations here. So what I wanted to do is to combine my (already written) frequency switcher (that I scripted in autoit with help of mediainfo) with the DVBViewer. I do not want to to that as a plugin because a) can change between releases and B) I'm not really familiar in that :-)

So to get an event out of DVBViewer when it switches back to TV Mode would be very helpful. Perhaps someone is also interest and so can share things here

Regards,

Alex