error capturing

Perico

Guest Oliver

This is DVB recording, not analogue capturing. With DVB there is no 576 x 528, the vertical resolution is always 576 with PAL. The original data stream from the satellite is saved on the disk.

To sum it up: There is no bug.

Bye, Oliver

This is DVB recording, not analogue capturing. With DVB there is no 576 x 528, the vertical resolution is always 576 with PAL. The original data stream from the satellite is saved on the disk.

To sum it up: There is no bug.

Bye, Oliver

If you d'ont believe me, I can send you a short sample of capture file at 528x576.

That would make you up?

Perico

I don`t understand you problem. If your station send with 528 its normal. Other stations send with 480 and other with 7...

All of this is possible with MPG2-DVB-Standard!

Steffen

I can send you a short sample of file such as I capture it: 528x576.

That's a normal DVB resolution. What do you want to fix?? If you want an other resolution, you have to reencode the video.

Edited by Hartwig
I can send you a short sample of file such as I capture it: 528x576.

That's a normal DVB resolution. What do you want to fix?? If you want an other resolution, you have to reencode the video.

I've always captured at 576x528 (not 528x576)

I've wholy reinstalled drivers and software, and it's the same.

Last time 720x576. Don't understand.

Thanks

Guest Oliver
I've always captured at 576x528 (not 528x576)

Well, that's completely wrong. You must either use a vertical resolution of 400 pixels (NTSC) or 576 (PAL). That applies to analogue capturing, with DVB the choice is made for you.

There are some standards:

full D1 is 720 x 576 (PAL)

cropped D1 is 704 x 576

2/3 D1 is 480 x 576

And just to clarify the matter: You can't change the resolution with DVB - you're not capturing, you're just saving the data stream. You can only re-encode it after recording, but usually there's no need for it.

Bye