Mouse-cursor block/stop ir signal when cursor are hold on picture.

KenBjork

Hi

I bought and install DVBv on my HTPC just the other day.

All woork great, even "learn" my mce remote was easy.

But got this strange issue:

When DVBv are in window-mode, and mouse-cursor are hold onto the windowframe/tv-picture. DVBv don`t react on the buttonpressing from remote.

I take the mouse-cursor and park it some where free space on desktop, DVBv react on buttonpressing from remote immediately.

Drag mouse onto DVBv it dont react again, drag off, it work.

I can see the ir-reciver get the signal, it blinks..

And DVBv in fullscreen, well there are no free space to park the mouse-cursor... and then DVBv dont react on remotecontrol.

The mouse-cursor go blank after 2-3 sec, it`s gone visual, but somehow it`s stil on the windowframe/tv-picture and "block the ir-signal" to DVBv.

htpc: Win7 64bit, Core i3, ATI gpu, xbmc installed, ask if you need to know spec...

I can allso tell that a friend of mine purcased at the same day DVBv and he have a complete another pc spec than me, exept he also have Win 7, not sure if 32bit or 64 bit he has.

Sry if my english isn`t perfect, but hope you understand my typing. B)

Hi and good morning.

I can also say that when running XBMC, i can toggle around the mouse-cursor on the screen and same time press remote buttons and XBMC react as normal.

So it`s only in DVBv i can find the problem.

I realy need help whit this problem..

So frustrating problem..

I have unconnected the wireless keyboard/incl muse.

And installed wired mouse an keyboard. Under Device Management, i uninstalled alle ir usb drivers, and all other usb mouse and keyboard, all untill the wierd mouse and keyboard stopp working.

Then repluged them, and plug in the mce remote ir.

Still got this shitty problem now even with wired keyboard/mouse

Got found out that in multiple presses on remote`s button/`s it react, but cant sitt there hiting button`s like this!

I se allso that in the input-section, codes that show like "keyboard" 1-9 or enter or any other. They funktion normaly if the cursor are over the picture

And the codes that show like "MCE2005" blue button, yellow, meny or any other. They are thats not funtion normaly if the cursor are over the picture

Its been 4-5 days since i formated the htpc, do really have to do it again, just to se that it doesent help....

Edited by KenBjork

I have now downloaded all separat and new mainboard drivers, and installed. No tumbs up :tongue:

I have checked the Computer Management>Services, and the Human Interface Devices, who were active but manuell start.

Set under properties to automatic, save>exit, Restarted the computer. No tumbs up :tongue:

One thing positive i found out, that issue whit mce-remoter power on/of on remote button function well.

But not from Start>computershutdown, then button chassis/or remote, the ir fail to function after windows has finish lunching. Then solution was to unplug then plug back in the usb from ir.

But in desperate searching, i plug an usb-hub i pc, ir in usb hub. Now i can shutdown computer like i will and ir is then up and running when windows is running :biggrin:

But i find it strange to fix it like this.

Later tonight i'm going to a friend to borrow several types of ir and remote and see if any other types will funtion

Edited by KenBjork

Hi

I lent som remotes from my friend yesterday, one of them.. this one: Fractal Design Shape HTPC Fjernkontroll http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=585846

Funtion very vel on DVBv.

But ther is because, it maps the buttons like code: "keyboard" 1-9 or enter or any other. and NOT like "MCE2005" blue button, yellow, meny or any other.

Yesterday to my friend, i bring with me my remote and ir trans, we plug it in to his HTPC, and my remote and ir funtion as normal there...

Difference from me i run win7 64bit, DVBv v4.6 and he run win7 32bit, DVBv v4.5

Sooo we think, dont know yet, but i wil check it, remove my DVBv v4.6, and install DVBv v4.5 se if things get bether with my remote/ir (dont think so)

Cause we belive it is DVBv not running right on win 7 64bit, so i also then will try formating my HTPC again (twice in a week) and install win7 32bit and DVB v4.6

Then i think my remote/ir will work normaly.

I`ll be back. Kenneth.

Edited by KenBjork

Hi

I have checed som more, and this problem come up on all win7 home premium 64bit but not on win7 home premium 32bit

It maybe 2 of the computer run higher versjons, than home premium, off total 7 computers tested.

And the problem is only on the computer that have 64bit.

I`m not finish testing it at home.. need som time free from kids and dayli stuff to do.

Impressive, that was a thorough research! The only thing missing now is the actual bugreport. Have I won money now :bounce: I believe you made a bet this was no bug in an another topic :rotfl:;)

Edited by majstang

Or maybe it`s not build for 64bit OS, therefor this sneaky problem ocurs...

I just now seen that ting with bur-report you say here.

Will try to find time to make one.

I was thinkin of installing win7 32bit, to se if its okey then, to see if it`s (not) hardwarerelated in my htpc.

Or maybe it`s not build for 64bit OS, therefor this sneaky problem ocurs...

I was thinkin of installing win7 32bit, to se if its okey then, to see if it`s (not) hardwarerelated in my htpc.

I think you are more right than you know. I have faint memories about reading somewhere on this forum the developer has no 64-bit compiler for native 64-bit applications (expenssive stuff). The alternative is to compile DVBViewer under WOW64 (emulated mode). WOW64 is a compatibility environment that enables a 32-bit application to run on a 64-bit system. I may be wrong here, I dont know.

DVBViewer should however always be used on a 32-bit system. Your issue is proof for how screwie things can get when using 64-bit windows and this is not the only example.

:bye:

Okeeey, i see..

Make things a bit clearer.

Yeah i was thinking about it when i wanted to build this HTPC earlyer this winter. About 32bit vs 64bit, and compatibility and issues. But i`ve been running my main computer for about a year and havent hadd any special problems.

So i come to the conclution that i found it safe to run 64bit this time to.

But, anyways the remote i linked in post#7, got keyboard mapping (exs: Record > keyboard ctrl+r)

Vs standard Mce Remotes got mce2005 mapping (exs: Record > mce2005 "don`t remember")

Anyways that remote i linked works really fine on 64bit casue keyboard mapping.

But it may not be an easy way to find a remote that maps keboard mapping, in the jungle off multimedia remotes..

But thx for replying mister.

B) Kenneth