Problem with hybrid tuner in 4.6.0.1 version

riviera

Hi.

I 've discovered a possible bug in DVBViewer v.4.6.0.1.

This version can not switch between hybrid tuners of Hauppauge HVR-4000 card.

In 4.5 and previous versions everything worked fine for me.

My system is: Windows 7 32 bits + DVBViewer 4.6.0.1 + Recording Service 1.6.9.0 (beta).

PC cards: Hauppauge HVR-4000, SkyStar 2 PCI, Conceptronic CTVDIGRCU v.3.0 usb dvb-t.

DVBViewer 4.6.0.1 setup:

Hauppauge WinTV 88x DVB-T and DVB-S/S2 Tuner/Demod, like preferred

SkyStar 2 TV PCI and AF9015 BDA Filter (Conceptronic card), like normal.

In Recording Service:

SkyStar 2 TV PCI and AF9015 BDA Filter (Conceptronic card), like preferred.

Hauppauge WinTV 88x DVB-T and DVB-S/S2 Tuner/Demod, like normal

When DVBViewer starts on dvb-t channel, It works properly with Hauppauge card driver. But when I switch to dvb-s channel, switches to the SkyStar 2 driver.

When It starts on dvb-s channel, work dvb-s hauppauge driver, but switching to dvb-t channel, DVBViewer works with Conceptronic card.

Thanks.

support.zip

Have you already tried to perform Options -> Hardware -> Scan Devices?

In your hardware.xml the two Hauppauge tuners are not flagged as hybrid tuners, because they have different device numbers (DVB-T: DeviceNr = 1, DVB-S: DeviceNr = 2). Usually DVBViewer assigns the same device number to hybrid tuners (e.g. DVB-T: 1, DVB-S: 1).

"Scan Devices" should fix it. If not, close DVBViewer and delete the file hardware.xml in the configuration folder, thus forcing DVBViewer to recreate it. If this doesn't work, you will have to correct the hardware.xml manually, and we will have to find the bug ;)

I think I've already found the bug ;)

DVB-T: @device:pnp:\\?\stream#hcw88bda2.m14xx

DVB-S: @device:pnp:\\?\stream#hcw88bda2.m69xx

This difference prevents DVBViewer from identifying the tuners as hybrid. The HVR 4000 device IDs are a bit odd.

So for now the only way to fix it is editing the hardware.xml, svchardware.xml and svrhardware.xml in the configuration folder. I've already done it for you. Simply replace the files in your configuration folder by the attached ones, and don't perform "Scan Devices", because it will restore the previous state.

Hardware.zip

Thank you Griga, "bug" is solved :biggrin:

"Scan device" was my first action when I updated DVBViewer to newest version. I erased hardware.xml but neither worked.

Your Hardware.zip file was my salvation.

Thanks again for your attention :bye:

I have the same problem but when I hit the file Griga friend and start the DVBViewer does not recognize my hardware and I have to find the device and can not get to apply the changes.

I have to configure anything else?

• 1 month later...

Thank you.

I have test it and:

-It solves the problem of channel switchnig between DVB-T and DVB-SAT. I thank you it a lot.

-If i install Recording Service, I have again the same problem. If i erase hauppagge cards in Configuration-->Hardware and i scan for devices, it works well, but when I restart my computer i have again the switching channels problem and i have to delete hardware devices and scan for it again. I have to do more tests because i do not change svrhardare.xml.

-Where must i put the svchardware.xml and svrhardware.xml (there are no such files in the place where hardware.xml is, ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer. I have svrhardware.xml in \config and i have not svchardware.xml)?

In relation with new DVBViewer version:

In Windows Vista PC:

-With 4.2.1 version I have no any problem; with 4.6 DVBViewer hangs on from time to time, above all if i switch channels a lot. I do not know if it is a problem of version changes, codecs, re-utilization of 4.2.1 configuation, ... but I have to close it from time to time; never with 4.2.1

-With the same codecs, the quality of signal is better with 4.2.1. With 4.6 I have little screen freezing from time to time. Well, not exactly the same codecs, because there is no Overlay Mixer but Overlay Rendering and i do not know if it is the same.

-With 4.6 i have not got a good signal. With 4.2.1, yes. And I have the same codecs in my PC (cyberlink , ffdhshow, elecard, ...)

In Windows 7:

-I have to do tests this afternoon, but i think, according to tests i made last week, that signal quality is good and the only problem was DVB device not found that it is solved with hardware.xml that you give me.

So, I keep on:

-Trying to configure 4.6 to have a good quality signal and no hangs.

-Trying to solve problems with Recording Service. I think that this program can be very useful because with it i can program recordings and it is no necessary DVBViewer executing and the computer can be in standby or hibernate mode, is it ok?

Thank you a lot, again, for your hardware.xml solution.

In windows 7 with DVBViewer 4.6, Microsoft video codecs and new hardware.xml, thanks to Griga, everything is ok.

In windows Xp, i have DVBViewer 4.2.1 ok and i need to do more tests with 4.6.

I have to test more deeply, but i think that problems with Recording Service are my blame due to a bad configuration. I had no read Setting up DVBViewer of http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Recording_Service_Installation_Guide and in this chapter there are several important configuration changes to do in DVBViewer if you install Recording Service, both in the same computer.

hello, the problem I have is this, my hvr-4000 hybrid card is detected fine, but I have no signal, and when I have the lost signal in a second and closes the program and reopen it tells me "DVB device not available" is there any solution? thanks

hardware.xml

• 2 years later...

Hi, I have the same problem.

DVBViewer show me "No hardware avaliable".

My tdt card is Realtek DTV-T and my OS is Windows 7 64bits.

DVBViewer It worked fine until yesterday.

Hopefully you can help me, greetings and thanks.

hardware.xml

The current DVBViewer Pro version is 5.2.9.0. And the old hybrid tuner problem should be fixed.

And you hardware.xml only contains one single tuner. So that can't be the same problem.

Please create a new topic for you problem and post a support.zip.