Does anyone have "old" FireDTV / FloppyDTV firmware, drivers e

Wuhtzu

Hi everyone

www.digital-everywhere.com has been modified to reflect that Digital Devices has taken over the brand and development. As a consequence the site now only lists three manuals in three languages - you can no longer download drives, firmware and so on. (I checked the site 1 week ago, where the drivers were there, but now they are gone).

So I was wondering if anyone who has drivers, firmware, support tools ect. stored on their harddrive from previous downloads would be so kind as to attach those files to posts to this thread?

I desperately need the newest firmware and newest integrated driver (version 5.7).

I have searched google for hours now trying to find the, but with no luck. I have also contacted Digital Devices per e-mail to ask them to help supplying the drivers - but they have not yet responded.

A cached version of the old site (listing versions and filenames if you look at the url in the download links) is available here - but the downloads are not cached and hence not working:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:hIEq_NSAO8UJ:www.digital-everywhere.com/en/alcms/index.php%3Fsid%3D1186575943+firedtv+integrated+setup+download&cd=1&hl=da&ct=clnk&gl=dk&source=www.google.dk

Any drivers and so on I receive here I will host on my server for anyone else to download.

Please, look through your download folders - I REALLY need those drivers - I am without my mediacenter right now sad.gif

Thanks a million smile.gif
- Wuhtzu

<edit Griga> New download links for Digital Everywhere drivers and firmware </edit>

Edited by Griga

Me again.

Sending the files to your Gmail-account results in an error.

I think Gmail limits the size of attchments.

Send me a better e-mail-adres that permits bigger attachments.

I changed the extentions from zip to txt, and now it works.

Gmail refuses to send zip-files containing exe-files.

Just rename them back to zip and it should work.

I changed the extentions from zip to txt, and now it works.

Gmail refuses to send zip-files containing exe-files.

When sending zipped EXE files it's usually a good idea to add a password to the ZIP (supported by Windows), preventing servers / mail providers from opening it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

I'm in the same situation...

Could someone possibly please provide me the latest firmware file (1.5.2) for these devices?

Digital Devices site has a page up where the firmware files should be, but state they're "experiencing problems" with serving up the files...

http://support.digital-devices.de/knowledgebase.php?category=28

I'm endeavouring to use these on OSX with Elgato's EyeTV software and EyeTV displayed a dialog box stating their firmware needs to be updated... (see attached)

My email address is my username with the domain @mac.com appended if anyone is kind enough to email me the file.

Thank you.

post-145320-0-06460000-1405828007_thumb.png

Excellent McentreFreek!

I'll endeavour to flash it tonight/tomorrow on a Win8.1 box I have running and see how I go.

Thank you heaps for this!

Hello again,

As I'm intending to use these with EyeTV on Mac OS X, I connected up the box to my Win8.1 machine and the firware update exe's drop down menu was empty and did not list any FireDTV box.

I haven't installed any drivers for the FireDTV on Win8.1 (Digital Devices have since got back to me and said they're not supported under Win8) but Device Manager can see them – just with an exclamation due to no drivers loaded I presume.

So, my question is:

Do I need to install the drivers for the FireDTV before the firmware updater will see them? and

if so, will I be able to use Win8 or will I need an older OS?

I've read in some posts about the Windows Firewire driver and how "legacy" is preferred etc etc.

Sorry for the noob questions but I'm more of a Solaris/Unix/OSX person and tend to steer away from Windows these days.

Thanks again,

Raoul.

Thank you once again McenterFreak

Took me a bit get the legacy 1394 drivers happening but all good after that.

I'm assuming that 1.4.1 is the latest that digital-every released in the end? cos I noticed on their (broken) site that they mention 1.5.2.

I have no idea if there's any benefit to attaining 1.5.2, not that I could find it anyway.

Nonetheless, I'm a happy man as Elgato's EyeTV can now use these boxes.

Thanx again.

post-145320-0-43903000-1406635171_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Due to a migration of my htpc from Win XP to Win 7, I need the firmware 1.5.2 for my FloppyDTV. This firmware is still not available from digital devices. Is it possible that someone forward me the firmware file?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Indus

Hello,

Due to a migration of my htpc from Win XP to Win 7, I need the firmware 1.5.2 for my FloppyDTV. This firmware is still not available from digital devices. Is it possible that someone forward me the firmware file?

Thanks in advance

Do you want this one?post-26302-0-97941600-1410939709_thumb.jpg

Email adress?

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Apologize to resurect this thread but I'm also searching for the firmware of the FloppyDTV [1][2] and today the firmware is no longer available for download anymore[3]. Thanks. [1] http://support.digital-devices.eu/knowledgebase.php?article=45 [2] http://support.digital-devices.eu/knowledgebase.php?category=28 [3] http://support.digital-devices.eu/knowledgebase.php?article=50

What version do you want?