Does anyone have "old" FireDTV / FloppyDTV firmware, drivers e

Wuhtzu

I also have some old drivers from FloppyDTV/FireDTV.

071130-FireDTV-Setup-4-5-N.zip
090805_firedtv_setup_5_6.zip
090304_firedtv_firmware_update.zip
firedtv_support_v1_1_2231_13_x64.zip
firedtv_support_v1_1_2231_13_x86.zip

I'll also PM Griga

080701 = Firmware 1,50

090304 = Firmware 1.52

Digital Devices told me that the firmware files have been accidently deleted on a clean-up action.They doubt that the drivers can be installed under Windows 8 and 10 since the certificate expired in 2012. Moreover, Windows 8 and 10 do not provide the Legacy 1394 OHCI (FireWire) driver anymore. Any experience concerning this matter?

080701 = Firmware 1,50

090304 = Firmware 1.52

Digital Devices told me that the firmware files have been accidently deleted on a clean-up action.They doubt that the drivers can be installed under Windows 8 and 10 since the certificate expired in 2012. Moreover, Windows 8 and 10 do not provide the Legacy 1394 OHCI (FireWire) driver anymore. Any experience concerning this matter?

I have Windows 10 and the device works just fine with the drivers... and firewire driver from back 2006 works fine ...

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

OK, here they are:

Digital Everywhere Driver & Setup 5.6

Digital Everywhere Driver & Setup 5.7

These are identical to the downloads provided by Digital Devices. I just mirror them here for convenience.

Digital Everywhere Firmware

This package contains the firmware versions 1.50, 1.52 and 1.54. The origin is unknown, but I could verify that v1.50.exe and v1.52.exe are binary identical to the ones that I got from MCenterFreak., so there is evidence that they are from Digital Everywhere and have not been changed. However, I couldn't verify it for v1.54.exe because I have nothing I can compare it with.

Anyway, please note that you are using the software contained in the downloads at your own risk. We did not create these files, but just provide them for download in order to help people who are still using FireDTV/FloppyDTV devices from Digital Everywhere. In no event shall the owner of this forum be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages arising in any way out of the use of the contained software!

Edited by Griga
Changed links from HTTP to HTTPS
  • Like 2

I couldn't verify it for v1.54.exe because I have nothing I can compare it with.

It has never been released to the public. I got it from the support many years back to solve an issue with signal strength reporting. WMC would always display an OSD that signal was too weak...

• 2 years later...

Hey guys,

I've been happily using a FloppyDTV C with DVBViewer for ages and it's been working mainly really well but every now and then when I change the channel, the picture and the audio goes crazy and I need to restart the DVBViewer. I just switched to completely different computer and the same problem happens, so it's either a bad unit or some driver / firmware issue?

Attached is a screenshot of DVBViewer when it goes crazy, and my hardware information. I tried updating the firmware using the links above, but even the 1.54 updater is offering me the same 1.4.1 firmware?

I'm running a fresh install of Windows 10 64bit and I only installed the x64 DBA driver from FireDTV-5.7 drivers. I have not messed with the IEEE1394 host controller settings.

Anyone still using firedtv today in win10?

dvbviewer-problem.jpg

firedtv-version.png

floppydtv-154.png

Edited by lauriinc
  • 3 years later...

Hey Guys and sorry for highjacking this thread. Is it possible to get the latest driver for FireDTV from anyone from here? Links above did not work.

Big thx for your help.

vor 17 Stunden schrieb Mahagoon:

In Chrome the links do not work.

You are right. I guess it's because they are HTTP links, not HTTPS. It's possible to use right-click -> save target as... yielding a file named "Not confirmed xxxxxx.crdownload". Renaming it to .zip makes it usable.

Anyway, I've changed the links to HTTPS now.