New Version (2.2) is out ;)

Guest hackbart

Guest Lars_MQ

@ Sascha:

das OSD kommt noch. Erstmal die neue Version begutachten, danach gehts weiter.

Alles auf einmal da blickt keiner mehr durch nachher :D

lars

[edit]

sorry Griga, I just had to answer that :-)

In English:

The extended OSD will be released very soon, for now just test the new DVBViewer Version. It would be too much confusion having all at once released...

Edited by Lars_MQ

sorry, that i'm not so godlike as you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it's a german programm by a german programmer, so if i need support i'll post my posts in german!

here are more german members than english members, so they can post their threads, etc. in a special forum!!!

Guest Oliver
it's a german programm by a german programmer, so if i need support i'll post my posts in german!

You may do so, but you have to post in the German part of the board.

Bye

Guest DAvenger
Could a moderator please move Sascha's postings to the according German thread? It sucks...

Generally, I prefer to leave things as they are so that everyone knows what was the reason for the increase of <insert your name> Warning level ;)

From at least 10% it's also a Slovak made app. So what? Are we going to write every 10th word in Slovak? :D
sorry, that i'm not so godlike as you

Silly

it's a german programm by a german programmer, so if i need support i'll post my posts in german! here are more german members than english members, so they can post their threads, etc. in a special forum!!!

I'm sure the Non-German-Speaking members/visitors will be very pleased by this kind of "We-are-German-and-we-are-the-majority-so-we-can-take-possession-of -this-place-as-we-like" attitude - somehow known from history. And known from the way a certain Mediterranian island gets fucked up each summer.

I'm glad that this is an international board. Since it broadens my horizon, I really would hate to see it becoming German all over.

Edited by Griga
Guest Lars_MQ

I think griga is completly right and I apoligize for not watching in which area of the forum I was :D

And for the comment from sascha: I think it's not necessary to get personally insulting to one of the greatest contributors und of course programmers (in his spare time with no pay!!) to the DVBViewer.

lars

Edited by Lars_MQ

DAMN.......why are the old (blue and orange) buttons not back in this program?

i have told you twice that i want them back in the next version...you have told "yes they come back"...but now?

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?s...opic=3821&st=17

http://www.DVBViewer.com/forum/index.php?s...opic=4395&st=22

Edited by Caramba
why are the old (blue and orange) buttons not back in this program?

@caramba & skandler

Christian replied to it here.

But don't fall into despair - there might be a possibility to replace the icons in the DVBViewer.exe. I've just found something... if I succeed, I'll let you know.

I can't access the lower part of the record settings window anymore, because the scrollbar is missing.

It was already uncomfortable in the last version but now it's useless.

Maybe it's because I use font size 125% but that's a must and does not create problems with any other of the hundreds of programs I use.

Same problem for channel scan window. The lower 3rd of this window, including the buttons, is not visible any more. Before, it was 100% OK, not even scrolling necessary.

Cheers

Edited by codecpage

@codecpage:

Please have a look at this thread, search for the postings of a guy named Pameijer, and tell us wether it's the same problem. If yes, it's quite easy to solve... maybe Christian can do something for you.

Thanks, I hope so.

As you migth have noticed I have added a note to my post (while you were answering) that the channel scan window is also affected, which had no problem before at all.

Cheers

Thanx for the new version.

Ehhmm? Wasn't it planed to code a possibility to inactivate the controlbar?

I can only set it to appear after 0-15seconds. But unfortunately neither 0 nor 15 inactivates it completely....

Am I just to stupid, or is it impossible??

PS:

>it's a german programm by a german programmer, so if i need support i'll post my posts in german!

OMG

> you can disable the controlbar by unchecking the combobox..

No. Of course I tried that before posting. It doesn't work: neither when delay is set to 0 nor when it is set to 15000.

We are talking about the: "Controlbar Popup Delay in milliseconds"-combobox, right?!

no problem, drop me an eMail and i send you a fixed binary.

Christian

OK, many thanks, but I can't find your email address.

Cheers

DVBViewer/ About/ Info  :)  Or DVBViewer help, chapter 8: Troubleshooting.

Wenn ich DVBViewer/About/Info anklicke, friert die DVBViewer-Titelleiste ein, sonst nichts. Bei allen Versionen.

Nach Drücken von Escape geht er wieder.

Probehalber Zonealarm (5) ausgeschaltet, nützt auch nix.

Cheers

Guest hackbart

keep freezing should not appear, since reading the update information file is done in a seperate thread. If it won't work for you try to point the browser to: www.DVBViewer.com/version.txt

The mentioned DPI thingy should work not, same as disabling the controlbar (Popup Delay). I will upload a small fix later this day to solve both problems. Especially the first one is quite ugly :)

After this Lars might also publish his OSD Display plugin, which realy beautifies the on screen display..

Christian

Can you please keep the discussion in English here - or go to the Deutsch Forum.

Sorry, I did not even notice that I was writing in German.

Let me translate:

When clicking on info/about, DVBViewer's titlebar (all versions) freezes, and nothing gets displayed. Pressing Escape causes DVBViewer to continue working normally.

I also tried to disable my Zonealarm (5) but that didn't change anything.

Cheers

OK.

I think the 120 dpi problem is solved now. Delphi provides a Scaled Property for each window. It lets the app scale all controls (e.g. buttons) and the space between them according to the dpi setting, but unfortunately not the window size.

This re-scaling can be avoided by setting the Scaled Property to false. I told Christian to do so, and he did... he added some code executing at runtime. Didn't work, however. Solution: Setting this property has to be done at design-time.

> you can disable the controlbar by unchecking the combobox..

No. Of course I tried that before posting. It doesn't work: neither when delay is set to 0 nor when it is set to 15000.

We are talking about the: "Controlbar Popup Delay in milliseconds"-combobox, right?!

Same problem here. Disalbing of the "Control Bar" DOESN`T WORK. When I uncheck the combobox, the Control Bar comes up without a delay. :)

Edited by skandler

That's nice - we first get the release, then the release candidate, followed by a beta version, I guess. Must be some kind of reverse engineering... :)

i've uploaded it, and named it RC1 ;) But you are right  R1 would be better.

Christian

System Message

» Your weekly Download Limit is reached!

» Reset wiil be on Sat, 07.08.04 @ 13:07

Good that I already got a working exe by e-mail :)

Many thanks !

Cheers