1.7.0.1 broke commandline plugin?

hamish_

I upgraded Recording Service from 1.6.9.0 to 1.7.0.1 but found that recordings no longer work via dvbv_tvg.exe. The channel ID is no longer recognised, so all recordings are scheduled for the same channel. I downgraded back and can confirm that recording works again. Unfortunately the downgrade must have caused issues with the web interface, so nothing is quite right now.

Does it sound plausible that changes to the last couple of Recording Service releases could have caused problems with dvbv_tvg? If so, could an updated dvbv_tvg be released of is a fix to the service required?

Thanks.

Hi Lars,

Here's an example of a commandline which I've just verified works in 1.6.9.0 but not in 1.7.0.1:

-d "Cash in the Attic" -c "BBC One HD (AC3,eng)" -e 21.03.2011 -s 11:50 -p 12:19

Looking back at the documentation I can see that the ChannelID is not as is specified. I guess the latest version is just less tolerant.

I'll go through and change all my channel names in my TV guide now to include the ID number. At least now this thread is here it might help someone else with the same problem.

Yeah, I used literally the same commandline on both versions without doing a channel scan. In the new version every recording is scheduled on CITV, a channel which I've never watched or scheduled a recording on. I guess it's probably the first or last in the list or something. Changing my TV guide's channel names to include the IDs (which get passed through to the commandline) seems to have fixed the problem for me. So e.g. 1434262300|BBC HD (AC3,eng) works but BBC HD (AC3,eng) doesn't. I wonder if it's anything to do with the stuff in brackets. That's always been a bit of an annoyance as it can change when channels are rescanned meaning I have to carefully check through every channel again to update the names.