bluray playback in DvbV. directly

krasno

Hello

Got myself a Bluray drive some time ago, and yesterday I got my first Bluray disc, kids installed in sofa, projector turned on, in with the disc..

and then..

I mean I could not imagine it was not possible to watch it..

The idea about starting other programs messes up the remotecontol possibilities here. And with projector in one room and PC in another imagine what problems that brings:)

I tried to convert it with MakeMKV ..but then subtitles where missing..

So.. in short terms: my suggestion is: It should be possible to play a Bluray disc same way it is possible to play a DVD.

• 1 month later...

Hi

This would be great also.

It could have a link with Cyberlink PowerDVD or other leading software.

Win 7MC has a "plugin" that calls up PowerDVD (in my case) from the main menu.

However, the colour is not as good as using PowerDVD directly for some reason. Also not sure 7.1 is maintained via Win 7MC?

DVBViewer can not directly play Blurays because of copyright and licensing issues. It can however play back unencrypted blurays. There is a plugin Dvbviewer_switch that automatically or manually switches to powerdvd for blurays/dvds. It can also send the keystrokes to powerdvd.