Better support for Remote Control

SmokyMcPot

I have the following request:

at the moment when you are using OSD to switch channels e.g., you need an Key for entering, one for exit, two for up and down. In the moment I use my CH+ and CH- for Up and Down and my Vol+ and Vol- for entering or exit. The Problem is, I cannot use them for switching channels or Volume when I'm not in OSD, because DVBViewer do not allow me to set this keys for two Functions. So it would be very nice if I can use them for channel next or previous or volume up or down when OSD is not open and enter or exit or up or down when OSD is present.

And by the way, I need a key for closing the OSD when I am in a submenu (in the moment I must press exit many times when in a submenu but I want a key for closing OSD imeditaly)

Sorry for my bad english, here comes the german version :)

Ich hab auf meiner Fernbedienung u.a. vier Tasten namens CH+ CH- VOL+ und VOL-

Diese habe ich im Moment so belegt, dass ich damit das OSD steuern kann (OSD aufwärts, OSD abwärts, OSD öffnen/auswählen, OSD schließen/zurück). Ich kann die Tasten leider nicht so einstellen, dass sie diese Funktion nur bei geöffnetem OSD ausführen und bei geschlossenem OSD stattdessen die Lautstärke ändern bzw. den Kanal wechseln. Der DVBViewer lässt nämlich leider keine Doppelbelegung zu.

Und eins noch, wenn ich im Moment irgendwo tief in den Untermenüs des OSD bin und dieses schließen will, muss ich mehrmals auf VOL- drücken. Ich hätte gerne noch, dass ich eine andere Taste belegen kann, welche das OSD komplett schließt, egal wie tief ich drin stecke ;)

Wäre toll wenn ihr das machen könntet. Danke!

Edited by SmokyMcPot

hmm, einfach ausblenden währe aber auch eine idee. dann muss man nicht mehr den weg zurück durchs menü gehen, wenn eine interessante stelle im tv kommt, die man sehen möchte.

ehm... english please! ;)

Ok, I could use some translator, but read with me the results:

Hmm, would last simply fade out however also an idea. then must one no longer that away back through the menu go, would place comes if an interesting in the tv, that one would like to see.

(but you do may think that my english isn't any better... :))

@SmokyMcPot

Are you maybe talking about the yesterday newOSD???

For me normal Vol+ & Vol- work also with OSD open, so why use instead OSD's one? I mean at least to set the volume...

But I agree with you, I'd like too a direct "OSDexit" key and...

BTW, maybe is also useful that after some (many?) OSD functions it automatically exit...

Cheers

Gioxy

Guest Lars_MQ

First of all the newOSD doesn't change the behavior auf the Keys in the DVBViewer.

Well most RC I know have a "Menu", a "OK" and an "Exit" button.

The behavior I'm used to is pressing Menu brings up the OSD, pressing it again closes the OSD no matter in which level you are. The OK Key selects a submenu or action in the OSD und the Exit Key brings you one Level up in the OSD Menu.

The timeout for the OSD isn't a bad idea. With no useraction for a period of time it closes itself.

lars

Edited by Lars_MQ
The behavior I'm used to...
...me too... :)

On OSD timeout: I agree with you, even if before I ment that *after doing some function*, there is cases in witch OSD isn't needed anymore, so it was better if it exit directly...

About this, I hope I'm not offending anyone in suggesting to look at Marfi's SkyView OSD functionality...

Cheers

Gioxy

Are you maybe talking about the yesterday newOSD???

For me normal Vol+ & Vol- work also with OSD open, so why use instead OSD's one? I mean at least to set the volume...

thx, didn't know there was a new OSD out there. Tried it now and it's great. But the problem is, that I do not want Vol+ & Vol- work with OSD open, they should work only when OSD is not open, because when OSD is open, I want them to use for OSDSelect & OSDExit

The behavior I'm used to is pressing Menu brings up the OSD, pressing it again closes the OSD no matter in which level you are. The OK Key selects a submenu or action in the OSD und the Exit Key brings you one Level up in the OSD Menu.

Yes, that's also a good idea, but in the moment you can't say DVBViewer to do it like that, 'cause these functions are not under "Options" (not all of them, for example "close OSD no matter in which level you are).

Well, an timeout is also a good idea, but this has to be adjustable :bounce:

And of course, if there would be an key for closing OSD no matter where you are is very recommend.

thx@all for the input, hope someone will make this for the next version!

Guest Lars_MQ

No you can't do it with the current version, therefore this part of the forum is named Feature Requests :bounce:

Well maybe christian can integrate such functionality, if he sees it as usefull.

Oh, another thing I would like to have: Could you add a button (for remote) with that you can turn on and turn of the transparency of OSD? That would be very nice.