channel list editor?

I have tried to work with channel list editor, but it just splits channels in the corresponding audio languages, so I get 4 Euronews instead of one. What do you guys use to edit the channel list? the embedded channel editor is ok for moving one or two channels, but what about 4000? I used to have a Humax receiver 7 years ago and if I connected it with a pc via serial port I could move the channels as I pleased. It is strange that a pc program as complicated as this cannot fulfill this simple task.

what about working with the channels in some other software (dvbdream?) and than import the channel list?

I have tried to work with channel list editor, but it just splits channels in the corresponding audio languages, so I get 4 Euronews instead of one. What do you guys use to edit the channel list? the embedded channel editor is ok for moving one or two channels, but what about 4000? I used to have a Humax receiver 7 years ago and if I connected it with a pc via serial port I could move the channels as I pleased. It is strange that a pc program as complicated as this cannot fulfill this simple task.

what about working with the channels in some other software (dvbdream?) and than import the channel list?

You might not believe it, but for me (till now) the best solution was to use Excel. I did a full scan in DVBViewer, exported the list to .csv, and then edit the list in Excel.

After that I export the list to "tab delimited" .txt, change the .txt file extension to .csv in the name of the saved file and import back to DVBViewer.

I even played a bit with importing a list from Enigma based recievers but without luck. (also with Excel)

Still have to figure out how to edit Favoutites in a more efficient way.