osdTimeline Plugin

Guest Lars_MQ

Guest Lars_MQ

I think the osdTimeline Plugin is ready to go public ;-)

You can get it as usual in the membersarea.

To install it, simply decompress the osdTimeline.dll into the Plugindir of the DVBViewer.

No settings required :bounce: Well of course you need the newOSD Plugin.

Usage: just press the normal OSDkeys (Up/Down/ Left /Right).

Have fun

Lars

[edit]

You need the current RC1 Version of the DVBViewer for this Plugin.

[/edit]

Edited by Lars_MQ
Guest Lars_MQ

You find the plugin in the OSDMenu.

Just select it an you will see the timeline view of the epg on the OSD.

You find a screenshot here (just scroll a little down...)

Lars

Edited by Lars_MQ

Great Work, I really like all the new features in the new version, the OSD-functions and the timeline is great. Nice Work, congratulations ...

But, as always, there are some problems to remark:

in the timeline I fugured out, that i can move left/right with volume up/down on my rc. Then the EGP-Info is displayed at the bottom of the page, nice. But the Info-Text is cut of at the first "," in the text. For example Voyager on Sat 1 (Saturday afternoon) just says "Harry Kim", nothing more.

Am I doing something wrong? In the timeline-Window there is a lot of more text.

Any suggestions?

Guest Lars_MQ

No you're doing nothing wrong.

I can confirm there is a problem with the Timeline plugin and drawing text after a "," . Strange. :bounce:

I'm working on it.

Thanks for reporting it ;)

lars

The OSD plugin looks nice. It looks a bit like the one on Sky Digital. The only issue I have is that I only get the EPG data for the next hour. It isn't just an issue in the plugin but in general. It might be because Sky try to make the full EPG accessible with their boxes. It seems to work on Astra 19.2E etc. I will have access to other satellites them once I move.

If you are speaking about Sky Italy on HotBird 13E, they transmit the full next 7 day EPG trough MHW...

I'm warmly hoping that someone make a plug-in to use (and of course browse, search, filter... :mellow:) this kind of data in DVBViewer...

Actually there are some way to view and download this kind of data:

• SkyView by Marfi, simple browser, can save it in TXT and HTML

• EPG4plus by Cenas (MD plugin), simple browser also offline, can save it in HTML

• PMCam (MD plugin), simple browser, can save it in XMLTV

• TSReader (only the full payed version catch all data...), can save in XMLTV

To view the MHW data starting from a XMLTV file there are many HTPC sw...

But there still are various little problem, beginning from the XMLTV "standard" that is not really "standard"...

Who are interested in Astra channels at moment have more chance...

Cheers

Gioxy

Guest hackbart

should not be that big deal, if i know how the data is broadcasted and which pid's are used.

Addentum: I looked at the specs. Could it be that this mediahighway stuff is only used by canal+ and sky italy? Further on the data format is erm. much more strange than the one from the original eit. Jesus, i suppose this is a dinosaur of the DVB Format :mellow:

Christian

I think parts of the DVBViewer's EIT parser must be re-written - I've checked it, and found some things that don't comply with the DVB specs. I've already started with it, but time is so limited...

Edited by Griga

I meant Sky Digital UK. Well, Griga, if those changes help in browsing the EPG data that would be cool. I am impressed with the EPG plugin. Once I can browse through several days on the EPG it will be even better.

Again all Christian's and fellow conrtibutors' :mellow: efforts make DVBViewer a steal.

Many thanks :(

Daniel :wacko:

if those changes help in browsing the EPG data that would be cool.

Well, I'm not sure. However, when I started programming the TransEdit scanner engine, I made the same mistakes which I've now found in the DVBViewer's EIT parser... simply ignoring some things that didn't seem to matter. On Astra 19° East everything was fine, but than I got some feedback from Derrick, concerning other ssatellite positions. After having examined the TS files he sent to me and re-reading the DVB specs (really a hard stuff, I tell you) I had to admit that these additional data structures can not be ignored...

Guest hackbart

Believe it or not, i finished a simple MHW Reader Plugin. I will do some Performance tests (it's quite lame) and upload the source and library later this day (or tomorrow).

Christian

Guest hackbart

Mediahighway is some sort of EPG, but broadcasted by using two pids (210, 211). The data looks similiar to epg, but i suppose this is only used by exotic channels.

Christian

The EPG is just a small part of MHW. It is used by all Canal+ countries. (IT, ES, FR, NL, PL). BTW. The earlier mentioned Epg4Cplus plugin comes with source, but cannot be used directly as it is GPL.

Guest hackbart

yup, for sure..

I attached the current version of an mhw plugin. I'm not sure if i made a mistake with the time offset, but everybody who is able to test this might check it out.

If you tune a transponder which has MHW the plugin can be used to import the epg into the DVBViewer. Since importing requires a lot of cpu power (compressing the epg data) it might buck at the end, so make sure that you don't record in the meantime ;)

Valid MHW Transponders are:

Astra 19.2º: 12363, 10847, 12515

Hotbird 13º: 11881, 10719

Christian

mhw.zip