v4.6.0.1: Hardware detection problem

themaster1

Since i have installed the version 4.6 i have problems of hardware detections for both my sat & terrestrial tuners (no hardware found). I'm not sure if i'ts a problem with dvbtask scheduler or not

Ok i will tell you more: with the 4.5 it was perfect for months and now it's a nightmare.Sometimes i got both of my cards not detected, sometimes 1, sometimes the sat card...it's the lottery.

I have XP SP3 / DVBViewer 4.6.0.1 / Hauppauge Nova-T HD usb & Skystar dvbs card, i use the BDA drivers.

It's my understanding that the hardware setup has been changed and i can't say it's briliant thus far:

Hardware

Add: Grigas new hardware detection integrated. Please do a manual hardware search in the hardware options!

Fix: In some cases the DiSEqCCount parameter wasn't initialized correctly.

Fix: The IPTV Client device can now detect and ignore extended RTP headers (> 12 byte).

Add: BDA Hardware: Support for Geniatech devices ( DiSEqC and DVBS-2).

Fix: For Digital Devices devices the unicable button is now displayed in the hardware options.

Add: The Digital Devices devices handling detects if Unicable is activated in the driver. If it is activated it discards the internal unicable handling.

Add: Basic support for DVB-T2.

Fix: DiSEqC didn't work for Anysee devices.

Change: *star devices: Lowered the Tunerlock-Timeout for B2C2-based cards with WDM-drivers from 2 seconds to one second.

Removed: BDA devices: Removed the Tunerlock-Timeout for FireDTV-devices.

Add: BDA devices: Added CI support for KNC One DVB-S2 Dual cards. Attention: MMI/CAM Menu does not work, there seem to be problems with the driver and/or SDK dll.

Warning: Users with KNC One devices should use the current driver!

While i'm at it i have an odd problem when i tune to SkyNews 12363 V / 28.2°) it disable the HD channels of my DTV card (France2 HD & Arte HD). The reception is perfect 80-100%) and then when i tune to sky news it becomes 0% ! It only happen with SkyNews, very odd.If i go to another channel right after skynews the reception come back again (0% -> 100%)

63072942.jpg

Edited by themaster1
Skystar dvbs card

Which one? You are creating unnecessary hassle by providing insufficient information and by ignoring the instructions given above your first post. As a "Senior Member" with 130 posts you should know better. I can't say it's brilliant thus far.

i have an odd problem when i tune to SkyNews 12363 V / 28.2°)

SkyNews doesn't exist on 12363 V / 28.2°. It is a DVB-S2 transponder with encrypted HD channels only.

Ok it seems i have found the culprit for the "no hardware available " problem: DVBViewer Recording Service.I've stopped it & disabled it too in misconfig.Everything's fine

For skynews i'm affraid kingofsat/lyngsat are not up-to-date Griga , i'm positive for the 12363V frequency

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6696/skynewse.jpg

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6696/skynewse.jpg

Also another problem concern the DiseqC, not sure if it's DVBViewer the source of the matter:

I'm obliged to use 10750 (see picture) for LOF instead of 10600 because it doesn't work otherwise.

I've double checked the documentation of my monoblock, it should be 10600.

For skynews i'm affraid kingofsat/lyngsat are not up-to-date Griga , i'm positive for the 12363V frequency

I'm not referring to kingofsat/lyngsat, but to my own scan results.

I'm obliged to use 10750 (see picture) for LOF instead of 10600 because it doesn't work otherwise.

...thus shifting the frequency by 150 MHz. You are actually receiving SkyNews on 12363 - (10750 - 10600) = 12363 - 150 = 12213 V. However, the correct SkyNews transponder frequency is 12207 V, which means, you are 6 MHz off the mark. Either the catch range of your tuner is compensating the 6 MHz offset, and/or the oscillator in your LNB is not working accurately anymore.

So my monoblock is not in great shape that's what you're saying.That's strange i bought it like 2 years ago, not that old.

It's working fine with 10750 it's not a problem really but i had to ask.

I have calculated the shifts for some of the channels, thanks to kingofsat, here is what i get:

BBC news: 155

QVC: 155

cnn: 156

sky news: 156

S4C: none (same frequency than KOS !? )

ITVi Quad: 158

Average: 130 or 156 (if i don't count S4C) does that mean that i should use 10756 rather than 10750 for even better results?

should use 10756 rather than 10750 for even better results?

Whatever - it is a questionable work-around, making things very complicated.

I would first try the correct LOF (10600) and the correct frequency (12207 V) for SkyNews. If it doesn't work, I would change the frequency (not the LOF!) in 1 MHz steps up and down (up seems to be more promising in your case), in order to find out which frequencies give a result. If you can receive Sky News on let's say 12213 MHz, but not on 12207, something is definitely wrong with your LNB or your DVB-S card.

You should know the following:

The LNB subtracts its own oscillator frequency (LOF = Local Oscillator Frequency) from the satellite transponder frequency, thus creating an intermediate frequency (IF), e.g.

12207 - 10600 = 1607 MHz

which is the frequency that the tuner actually receives. The intermediate frequency is necessary because 12207 MHz cannot be transmitted via a coax cable. If the LNB oscillator is not working accurately, e.g. with a frequency of 10590 instead of 10600 MHz, the tuner gets a wrong intermediate frequency that is shifted by 10 MHz. Tuners are usually able to "catch" a frequency within a range of +/- 5 MHz or even more, but +/- 10 MHz would probably be too much.

The LOF value in DVBViewer is used by the driver / tuner for calculating the (expected) intermediate frequency. E.g. with frequency = 12363, LOF = 10750 the tuner assumes 12263 - 10750 = 1613 MHz as intermediate frequency for the SkyNews transponder, which is 6 MHz higher than the correct 12207 - 10600 = 1607 MHz. If the tuner receives SkyNews on a higher intermediate frequency than expected, the LNB oscillator frequency is probably too low.

So if frequency = 12263, LOF = 10750 is working, frequency = 12213, LOF = 10600 should work as well, because both frequency /LOF pairs yield the same intermediate frequency 1613 MHz.

The problem is that i tried Transedit and it don't work with 10600 (0 channels received in the High band) but when i try my MyTheater i'm able to receive sky news for example, so i'm kinda lost.

Perhaps there is a flaw in how transedit & DVBViewer interpret my card's drivers, that's my best guess.

You are creating unnecessary hassle by providing insufficient information and by ignoring the instructions given above your first post.

What is your card? It's still a secret... "Skystar" is not enough, because there are different kinds of SkyStar cards.

"SkyStar 2" i believe it's actually a clone of a skystar 2 and i use the bda drivers from technisat (DriverVer= 08/23/2009, 4.5.1)

Edited by themaster1