Interface suggestions

keveen

DVBViewer is the only good tuner I have found for my Gecube (Lifewalker)USB DVB-T device. It doesn't hog resources and works smoothly. However, the interface is a bit too much like a Windows "program" rather than a Media Centre. I would suggest that most users will eventually just want a nice simple interface. I suggest:

Bigger Buttons

A button that says - WATCH (TV, MY RECORDINGS etc) LISTEN, RECORD, CONFIGURE.

As simple as that - maybe implemented via a Skin?

Tuning - It's difficult to work out how to tune using just a DVB-T device - I had to delete the entry in ROOT - in the channel tuner section - not obvious.

The channel list is grouped but actually the results need to be listed in the same order you get on a real TV. For example a UK Freeview list would put BBC1, BBC2 etc in that order.

It's a great program - just need a nicer interface to get more sales.

I had to delete the entry in ROOT - in the channel tuner section - not obvious.

Well, the SAT channel list is only installed, if the user select it in the setup...

The channel list is grouped but actually the results need to be listed in the same order you get on a real TV.

Well sort it :)

Yes maybe I made a mistake during setup selecting satellite? Yes - I reinstalled and it is easier if I don't select the satellite option

I've only got a DVB-T device - DVBViewer works perfectly - when you work out how to use the tuner to look only for Terrestrial signals.

I used Showshifter previously and tested other Media Centres but your program seems to be the most resource efficient. Works the smoothest without interfering in other things I doing.

From the point of view of sales - the simpler the more User Friendly the interface the more likely people are to buy it.

Also you need to advertise more - I only found the program by accident. I searched for DVB-T programs and DVB-S programs but didn't see DVBViewer.

Another very useful option is the instant pop-up list of Channels - really useful for quickly finding a channel.

Edited by keveen

I have worked on software launches so I have an idea of things from a user perspective - the simpler the better. So another suggestion:

You need a Quick Start guide - a step by step basic guide to what I have to do when I have installed the program - obvious first thing is to go to Channel - Channel Scan. Even so I'm not sure if I should select Scan Frequency or Scan Range - you could have a popup to explain which is best?

Things like that are obvious to Techie people but not to most consumers who just want to watch TV on their computers.

I hope my suggestions are helpful.

Edited by keveen