Mixing external (Xepg) and DVB EPG

Delphi

What I want is external EPG for some channels since it's in my case better (up to 14 days, episode numbers). For other channels the DVB EPG wil do.

This is possible with DVBViewer, no Recording Service (from Xepg Help):

Mix (or not) XMLTV EPG and DVB EPG

If you only have (or want) XMLTV EPG or if there are problems with unwanted mixing then set a checkmark here in DVBViewer:

Settings --> EPG/Teletext --> "Do Not receive Epg Data"

That's it!

If you want to mix, then leave the above checkbox unchecked.

You might want to check the "Receive MediaHighway EPG Data". (not tested).

If unwanted mixing of DVB/MHW EPG (from antenna) and EPG from Xepg (external) happens for a DVBViewer channel then go to the Channel Editor in DVBViewer, locate the channel in question, click the EPG button and in the menu only have "External EPG" checked.

If DVBViewer is a client to the Recording Service running on the same machine, the upper settings have no effect. The external EPG is overwritten by the DVB EPG. I have checked Receive EPG data in web interface.

1) Is this intended?

If you want to test then add a file in Xepg and select MixEPGDebug.xml as the Format file. The string 'Xepg - ' wil be added to all titles.

Furthermore, only having "External EPG" checked for a channel have the effect that the EPG from the Recording Service is not transferred to the DVBViewer client for the channel in question.

This is not urgent since I have had no complaints and I myself can live with external EPG only (uncheck Receive EPG data in web interface).

Here comes why I post in this thread:

Actually I for some time have considered making a request for a COM interface allowing me to write to the Encrypted byte so I can offer the user to set up EPG preference for paired channels automatically.

Well, maybe this is not worth the effort. For future use I guess it would be better with a HTTP method posting directly to the Recording Service.

TIA