Selective EPG

pataczek

First of all, I'd like to say hello to everyone here :)

Is there any way to select frequencies from which DVBViewer receives EPG? I'm a Cyfra+ subscriber in Poland. Platforms here are sharing some channels with each other. While EPG of Cyfra and n is correct, EPG of Cyfrowy Polsat has character encoding issues.

Let's say - I'm watching TVP1 on 10892H (Cyfra). DVBViewer is receiving EPG for all channels. Then I switch to Polsat on 11158V (Cyfrowy Polsat). DVBViewer is overwriting previously grabbed positions.

I'd like to block grabbing EPG from selected frequencies. In my case - frequencies of Cyfrowy Polsat :) MediaHighway is not a solution. Who wants to read CAPITALIZED DESCRIPTIONS? ;)

Hello pataczek amd wellcome aboard... :)

You can manage EPG reception in the "Channel List Editor", where you can easily exclude (or include only for a specify type...) a single channel (see 1 & 2 on first image) or a whole transponder (see 3 on 2nd image):

post-485-0-52606800-1304250304_thumb.gif post-485-0-03136900-1304250318_thumb.gif

:bye:

Oh God! I've always thought it's used to select what type of EPG will be used for channels :)

DVBViewer is definitely more powerful than a man could thought. I feel so dumb now ;)

EDIT: Unfortunately I was right. I deselected all EPG options on Polsat, deleted epg.dat and then started DVBViewer on Polsat. No EPG on Polsat and errored on TVP1.

post-40724-0-79325000-1304290503_thumb.png

post-40724-0-91101800-1304290517_thumb.png

Edited by pataczek
No EPG on Polsat and errored on TVP1
As also you noted before, some trasponder carry EPG info of channels not inside itself; so, if your clues are right, ie the wrong EPG data is that on 11158V, you can try to "sacrifice" this entire trasponder EPG reception with the third method exposed up: select that trasponder, check (at least) "DVB EPG" and then press "Exclude" *AND* "Apply" button ...

Hope this can solve

:bye:

Edited by Gioxy

I've done it in your way. It results in no EPG on channels from 11158V. However, when I tune to it, DVBViewer still grabs EPG for other channels on other frequencies (incl. Cyfra ones). Additionaly, when I tune to other frequencies, it doesn't grab EPG for channels from 11158V.

Seems there's an inaccuracy in description of this function.

Seems the EPG data that is broadcasted on 11158V (Cyfrowy Polsat) for other transponders is empty or not readable, as the TransEdit Analyzer shows. I'll have a closer look at it later.

Well, I was a bit too fast (had not enough time). Only part of the EPG data broadcasted on Hotbird 11158 V (Cyfrowy Polsat) for other transponders is empty. Let's compare the EPG data broadcasted for TVP1 on 10892 H (Cyfra) and 11158 V (Cyfrowy Polsat). On 10892 H the language and character set are specified:

Language = pol

CharacterTable = 0x01 - Latin/Cyrillic

but on 11158 V only the language. The data received from 10892 H is displayed by the TransEdit Analyzer and DVBViewer like this

Jacka odwiedzają Julia i Wojtek Szefner - także poruszający się na wózku.

and the data from from 11158 V like this

Jacka odwiedzaj± Julia i Wojtek Szefner - tak¿e poruszaj±cy siŒ na wðzku

which is obviously wrong. I don't think that DVBViewer can be prevented from grabbing the 11158 V EPG data for 10892 H - at least not with settings available in the UI. Maybe by writing a special plugin for this purpose - dunno. Nevertheless I'll take a closer look at the character set selection for Polish broadcasts. What I know is that the character table information on 10892 H (see above) is wrong, but DVBViewer applies a special fix (by using the ISO 6937 character set) if the language is "pol". However, it doesn't seem to work on 11158 V, most likely because they are using a different character coding. I'll try to find out which one...

I put a HEX dump into Chrome browser and it detected ISO-8859-2 coding

Clever. Thanks. Looks like Chrome is right. I get the same results with Cyfra+/ISO 6937 and Cyfrowy Polsat/ISO-8859-2. I will report it to Lars, and I suppose it can be fixed this way in the next release.

I wish the Polish broadcasters wouldn't handle it in such a chaotic way >_< The Cyfra+ EPG is specifying ISO/IEC 8859-5 (latin/cyrillic) as character set, but it messes the text up with cyrillic characters. Actually they are using ISO 6937 and multibyte-encoding of diacritical characters. Cyfrowy Polsat is specifying no character set at all (though it would be possible), and is using ISO-8859-2.

No it can't be fixed, cause this will break other polish channels.

I wish the Polish broadcasters wouldn't handle it in such a chaotic way

Me too...

cause this will break other polish channels.

Which channels? Where? I've checked all Polish Hotbird transponders. TVP on Astra 19° East doesn't broadcast EPG data.

There are two additional ones on Hotbird: ITI 11258 H and N 11449 H, but both are correctly specifying

CharacterTable = 0x100002 - East European = ISO/IEC 8859-2

so they won't cause problems.

There are two additional ones on Hotbird: ITI 11258 H and N 11449 H, but both are correctly specifying

It's not everything :)

N and Telewizja na karte belong to ITI Group so their broadcast is correctly coded: 10834V, 11258H, 11393V, 11449H, 11508V.

Orange Polska / TP has empty EPG: 10911V, 12476H.

Will this change also work for DVB-T and DVB-C, or will it break the EPG there?

Who knows? Is the current handling working for DVB-T/C?

The Polish providers seem to use ISO/IEC 8859-2 throughout (with or without specifying it), except Cyfra+. After applying the fix the TransEdit Analyzer displays the Polish EPG data on Hotbird 100% correctly, including the providers mentioned in the "same problem" thread linked above. That's all I can say.

Is the current handling working for DVB-T/C?

Well, there are no complains, that's all I can say. ;) It might work, it might not work.