DVBServer and DVB-S2 Channel 4

daveuk

finally got round to adding channel 4 hd in, had to add all the details in manually from king of sat to get it to work, but when trying it using DVBServer with DVBViewer on another PC i don't get a picture. Any ideas anyone or is DVB-S2 not supported with unicast devices? I've enclosed my CH4 HD ini which seems to be working ok but only on my main PC. My tuner card is a Hauppage NOVA-HD-S2.

support.zip

Channel 4 HD.ini

Edited by daveuk

You are using the same h.264 decoder on all PCs?

BBCHD and ITV HD are working fine on the remote PC's, i've tried core and Microsoft H264 codecs, same black screen. The codec icons (core and ac3 filter) appear in the tray but neither video or audio begins playback. I made sure all PC's were the using the same this still made no difference.

Try transferring a recording (of a c4hd programme) from your server pc to the client one and see if it plays back. At least you can rule a few things out then (ie if it does play back, it's not a codec issue. If it doesn't play back, it is).

Try transferring a recording (of a c4hd programme) from your server pc to the client one and see if it plays back. At least you can rule a few things out then (ie if it does play back, it's not a codec issue. If it doesn't play back, it is).

good advice thanks, just tried that and it plays perfect on the clients. Also just updated to 4.8.0.1 and its also the same black screen on CH4HD.

It's not connecting to the stream.

To the right of the green 100% bar there would be icons indicating video and audio type - have a look on your server PC.

Are you using the recording service? I've never used DVBServer so don't quite know if you mean that or the recording service.

i was using the stand alone DVBServer and everything was working bar C4 HD, but just installed the new recording service with DVBServer built in and now all my channels are working.

Edited by daveuk

I use latest DVBViewer with NetStreaming plugin (Unicast) and VLC player on client side. C4HD steaming works well, although VLC reports error on the beginning. But if I wait for 10-20 seconds, stream then starts.

For channel 4 HD to work over the network, the DVB-S2 option needs to be ticked in DVB Server as well as the client. For example, I had DVB-S2 ticked in the DVBViewer client, but not ticked in DVB Server and it would not even lock on to the transponder let alone tune the channel.

Once I enabled the DVB-S2 option on DVB Server and restarted it, the channel came in fine on the client. For tuning in, I just did a manual frequency scan on 12607 V. I can't remember off hand if it has a scrambled flag as there was one HD channel on 28E that has the scrambled flag even though the channel is not encrypted (probably STV West.)