Channel Chang gets darn slow after update

Mostly Harmless

Hello

I'm using a Terratec Cinergy C-1200

and

Terratec Cinergy C with CI

on Windows XP SP3.

and after a fresh install with the latest drivers, plus installing the latest DVBViewer and service (the previous version was 4.5.x.x), I get very slow channel changes using either of the cards. Setting the vendor=4 and manually setting the channels to correct modulation helps a lot. BUT the channel changes to an encrypted channel is still slow. It used to be slow only after a long period of no activity on the encrypted channel or after re-subscribing to the paytv service, but now it is slow on every channel change. Eventually I do get the picture, though. Is the has CI -behavior changed after v4.5?

I'll post the support.zip tomorrow, as I'm still exploring my configuration a bit, including trying out the hardware database dat file thing.

My apologies for derailing the thread. I narrowed down the slow channel changing to Cinergy C needing the Direct Tuning turned off, and not the vendor=4. I didn't have the old settings saved anywhere, it would have helped if the config .xml setting names/strings would be more in line with the settings available in the hardware dialog. In fact, setting the vendor=4 resulted in my settings being reset each time on start, which confused me :)

Changing to an encrypted channel is still slow, however.

• 2 weeks later...

4.9 is ok with sundtek driver, 1-2 sec at channel switch( i do not test it with default terratec driver).Wow, after 2 years an fix, man, that feel good:D

i love my DVBViewer.

a little more explanation:

In v4.9, channel switch time is bad( like 10 seconds on some HD ch), with VENDOR set to 28. ( with auto modulation off in rec service)

In v4.9 with auto modulation on, channel change is worst, like 15 seconds on some HD ch, with vendor 28.

But, with vendor to 4, channel change became almost as good as in v4.5( not quite, but good).

All channels are ok at channel switching with vendor 4, except encripted ones.

With SD encripted, switch is 2-5 seconds, with HD encripted, 2-10seconds.

With v4.5-v4.6, switch an encripted HD to another encripted hd=2 seconds

With v4.9, switch an encripted HD to another encripted hd=2-10 seconds( vendor to 4)

All the testing was done with sundtek driver, direct tunning ON( in menu-hardware) and manual qam set on every channel.( like 64, 256).

I do not have CI for encripted.

Edited by bogdan1980

i gladly report, with version 4.9.0.0 the channel change time restored to normal...

but

i still have issues with the epg.

i have read the topic Griga proposed, but it didn't get me nowhere.

should we continue here or should i open a new topic for that?

Mostly Harmless, in v4.9, you change something? Or by default it work ok with your tuner?

You have force modulation on or off ( in rec service settings) , you have vendor 4 or 28? you have qam auto in channel editor or you set manually qam in every channe;l?

tks./

I didn't change anything, just directly put 4.9 over 4.5. It worked alright at once.

There is no "Vendor" setting in hardware.xml. (There was none in 4.5)

QAM is set to 256 since the channel scan, so I didn't have to set it on every channel manually.

sorry, but i didn't find this force modulation parameter.

You install over, and i think that your old settings remain.

In ProgramData/CMUV/, in hardware.xml at dvbc tuner i have this:

<section name="@device:pnp:\\?\usb#vid_0ccd&pid_00ac#100302001397#{71985f48-1ca1-11d3-9cc8-00c04f7971e0}\{7c8095ab-c110-40e5-9f4d-310858bbbf64}">

<entry name="HasCI">1</entry>

<entry name="UseHardwareFilter">1</entry>

<entry name="NoStandard">1</entry>

<entry name="useMSNP">1</entry>

<entry name="Name">BDA 2885 TVTuner (6)</entry>

<entry name="TunerType">2</entry>

<entry name="Status">0</entry>

<entry name="InstID">BDA 2885 TVTuner 5</entry>

<entry name="DeviceNr">6</entry>

<entry name="Vendor">4</entry>

<entry name="Priority">2</entry>

<entry name="Tag">0</entry>

<entry name="ClassID">{EAFB3270-65C7-4662-99D6-C06D5E009FA3}</entry>

<entry name="Groups">255</entry>

<entry name="Retune">5</entry>

<entry name="SkipComponents">0</entry>

Also, my QAM is set to AUTO by default, and i put it to 64 or 256, this is my settings.

Force modulation is in DVBViewer recording service, plugin for streaming.

I think that you have " old settings" remains from 4.5, if you install v4.9 fresh you will have problems by default with vendor to 28.

i use that CI option....:P.

A new driver appear, not from Sundtek, but from empia : http://home.eeti.com.tw/web20/drivers/IC_drivers/201109/BDA_UAC_WHQL_082311_Setup.rar

Install the setup, restart if ask, then install manually the driver, choose 2885, then your good to go.

With this driver manual qam is working, till now is ok.

Also, you need to rescan in hardware option of DVBViewer, or in hardware option in rec service if you use it, and modify hardware.xml( programdata/cmuv) and svchardware.xml( if you use rec service, location: program data/cmuv/config/svchardware) with vendor 4 instead of vendor 28.

If you have slow channel switch in v4.8-4.9, use vendor 4 instead of vendor 28.

Sad update info....

because with EMPIA original driver( from empia taiwan website) i get blue screen with empia sys when using mediacenter( with DVBlink), i decide it to install terratec driver for my htc xs hd, well,

in v4.9, settings manual qam on my channels( NOT AUTO in channel editor), not working with this driver, some of my channels wont open, others open with graphics error, or after 30 seconds.

with terratec driver:

with vendor 4, and(or) vendor 28, with MANUAL QAM SET to 64 and 256.( for my channels)- NO WORKING.

With AUTO QAM, vendor 28- channel switch is 10 seconds on hd and 5-7 seconds on SD.

With AUTO QAM, vendor 4-channel switch is 8 seconds on hd and 4 seconds on SD.

With sundtek driver, vendor 4, v4.9 - 1-2 seconds on free channels SD or HD

6-8 seconds on SD or HD premium.

I think that i will install again sundtek driver, at least with sundtek driver i didnt get bluescreens.

Edited by bogdan1980

EDIT: install suntek driver: http://www.sundtek.de/media/sundtek_driver_windows_110718.rar

manual qam set in channel editor, DVBViewer 4.9 , vendor 4, auto modulation off in rec service option:

channel switch: 1-3 sec on all channels, encripted or not, sd or hd.

It seems that with default terratec driver, channel change is slow.( 4 sec for SD, 6 sec for HD free, 10 sec for HD premium encripted)

With EMPIA : http://home.eeti.com.tw/web20/drivers/IC_drivers/201109/BDA_UAC_WHQL_082311_Setup.rar ( channels switch is better then with terratec driver, work with manual qam, but on encripted HD channel switch time is 8 seconds); blue screen on mediacenter, only 1 time i see this error, but still)

With SUNTEK driver- best performance on all channels, encripted hd , sd, free, etc.

I will remain with sundtek driver, i have no other option , with DVBViewer this driver is best for my card:http://www.terratec.net/en/products/Cinergy_HTC_USB_XS_HD_57290.html

With sundtek driver, dvb-c is working by default in mediacenter

Edited by bogdan1980
  • 2 months later...

As this is my first post, I'd like to say hy to all you guys (admins and members).

Does the x64 sundtek driver work for the Terratec Cinergy HTC Stick? I tried everything, but I still haven't managed to install it. I'm using Windows 7.

Edited by nicuj0r

yes, is working.

You need to choose bda 2885 from the list.

You need to install this driver:http://www.sundtek.de/media/sundtek_driver_windows_110718.rar

Any newer then this give bluescreen sometimes.

If you dont know how to manually install that driver, install terratec one, there are only 2 differences between sundtek and terratec driver:

1. with sundtek channel switch time is very fast in DVBViewer.

2, with sundtek dvb-c work by default in mediacenter win7 or vista.

If youre romanian, on computergames.ro/forum there are an big thread regarding empia tuners.

Edited by bogdan1980

Well for me all is OK now with my empia's tuners, no more image freeze after some times and graph stopped.

What i done

change ISP catv amplif in my building to a new one( because old one died), this amplif is for all my building, not only me, it's not in my house.

Use microsoft codec for both audio and video, and for channels that use ac3 i use ac3 filter.

Vsync by aero disabled( unchecked)

tv radio format audio and video checked( enabled)

in dvbsource i have 350/700 ms.

shaders activated or not( does not matter )

with v4.9 and rec 1.9.3.

But what i think is the reason that image stopped freezing in the last week is this:

i stopped 2 mce services: ehSched and ehRecvr. When i was searching for discontinuties and image freeze on google or on this forum,

some users report that stopping mce services will fix this. But i didnt tried this till 6-7 days ago.

Mediacenter will scan for epg guide all day, will update epg guide, i think this is the reason that image freeze on DVBViewer, because mce scan for epg and grab my tuner when is still using by DVBViewer

I can report that on client PC( laptops) image is ok as well, no more image freeze on SD, HD, premium or free.

Even if i do alot of tasks on my computers( have Batman game in the taskbar, encode some video and watch tv in DVBViewer) and discontinuties appear( 1-3, no thousands), image did not freeze, stream is still working:D

In the last 7 days, stream tv was always working, this is the truth

EDIT: right now i have almost 2 weeks without image freeze, discontinuties:D

Edited by bogdan1980