Initialising problem in Transedit

I'm using Transedit in Windows 7 with Hauppauge WinTV DVBS/S2 tuner.

Device in Hardware Settings is Hauppauge WinTV 88x DVBS/S2 tuner.

This has been no problem with Transedit version 3.4.1.0. Updating to 3.6.4 or the latest 3.7.2, I get the 'Initialising failure, please check hardware in Settings' box. There's no problem using DVBViewer, works there on all versions with the same device settings. I have no other TV drivers loaded, just the Hauppauge.

I don't have access to Transedit versions between 3.4.1 and 3.6.4, so maybe somewhere between these versions the problem appears?

Regards, Magwitch

It's a known problem with the Microsoft Network Provider filter. Launch TransEdit once with admin rights and let it use the device (e.g. by scanning). After that it should work without admin rights.

Or tick Settings -> Hardware -> Use internal Network Provider filter -> Save. However, this won't fix the problem with the MS filter, so it may occur again.

• 1 month later...