uPnPProfilesV2.xml contents

glyn1972

Hello!

I've been using DVBViewer and the Recording Service for some time, and am now just starting to look into centralising all my media. I want to be able to share it out in a common manner between all my devices (Android phone/Ipod touch and possibly a tablet in the near future). I'm looking at using the uPnP server built into the Recording Service and am attempting to tweak the uPnPProfilesV2.xml file with a uPnP client on my devices to do this. I've had some success this morning in adding entries to allow playing some of my m4a audio files (though not all!), but video seems to be eluding me!

I was wondering if there's any documentation available on all the available options for this xml file? I've had a look on the forum and wiki, but couldn't see anything. Ideally, I'd like to at least get the live TV/Radio working on my phone (I'm not too worried about the Ipod at this stage as obviously the web interface can deal with that) just using the built-in media player (rather than buying vplayer). If I can also get my media going this way then that would be a bonus (and mean perhaps I can stop looking as ps3mediaserver to do that!)

Also, I noticed what looks like a typo in the xml file for the jpeg mime-type (jepg instead of jpeg). I needed to correct that to get my jpegs to share out okay.

Obviously, if I'm able to get things going here then I can report back so that settings can be added to the xml file laid down with the RS install.

Thanks in advance!

Glyn

• Like 1

Most likely UPnP won't work for recordings or even LiveTV on these devices. The Recording Service UPnP does no transcoding which will be needed for your Phone.

Thanks for the prompt reply! It did look like things were geared towards devices with bigger screens, and I was wondering what the transcoding capabilities were like.

Thanks again!

Glyn

• 2 months later...

Streaming and LiveTV works with android, you just need a couple of apps

Vplayer: video player based on ffmpeg codecs (trial)

upnp: DLNA explorer that lets you select the program to stream (free)

however only MPEG2 streams are working

cant manage to get HD channels, as there is no hardware decoding

• 6 months later...

Hello!

I've been using DVBViewer and the Recording Service for some time, and am now just starting to look into centralising all my media. I want to be able to share it out in a common manner between all my devices (Android phone/Ipod touch and possibly a tablet in the near future). I'm looking at using the uPnP server built into the Recording Service and am attempting to tweak the uPnPProfilesV2.xml file with a uPnP client on my devices to do this. I've had some success this morning in adding entries to allow playing some of my m4a audio files (though not all!), but video seems to be eluding me!

I was wondering if there's any documentation available on all the available options for this xml file? I've had a look on the forum and wiki, but couldn't see anything. Ideally, I'd like to at least get the live TV/Radio working on my phone (I'm not too worried about the Ipod at this stage as obviously the web interface can deal with that) just using the built-in media player (rather than buying vplayer). If I can also get my media going this way then that would be a bonus (and mean perhaps I can stop looking as ps3mediaserver to do that!)

Also, I noticed what looks like a typo in the xml file for the jpeg mime-type (jepg instead of jpeg). I needed to correct that to get my jpegs to share out okay.

Obviously, if I'm able to get things going here then I can report back so that settings can be added to the xml file laid down with the RS install.

Thanks in advance!

Glyn

Hi Glyn

I have the same issue - I can only see mp3 files listed when my 2 streamers browse the server through UPnp (fine when network browsing).

I have tried to add this to the <AudioExtensions> of the Default Profile in uPnPProfilesV2.xml, but stopped all audio files being listed

<Ext name=".m4a">

<MediaFormat mime-type="audio/mpeg" special="">M4A</MediaFormat>

</Ext>

What did you do to this file to get m4a files to appear?

Thanks

Tony