Automatic removal of reruns (timers)

majstang

Hi Lars_MQ!

Man, all these reruns on certain channels drives me crazy! I do spend too much time manually deleting recording timers for shows I've already recorded earlier.

When creating presets in the Search EPG the search criterias at hand, to make the autosearch more selective in order to avoid recording reruns, is not

enough for these channels. They do throw in new episodes quite randomly as it seems and if using the search criterias i will miss out on these. The best

way for the time being is to not use any search criterias at all on these channels and therfor getting quite an amount of reruns recorded.

I have been pondering on a not too complicated way to come to terms with this. I wanna make a script that are abled to match description strings in recording timers (svctimers.xml) and recordings database (or possibly EPG info files). If the same description already exists in both svctimers.xml and the recordings database (or EPG info file), the script will be abled to pinpoint and delete rerun recording timers after the autosearch. The goal is to create a tool/script that has some extended precision and can work fully automatic.

This brings me to my suggestion. Only problem to realize such a script is the fact svctimers.xml lacks the description tag in the sense the recording database

and EPG info file uses it. Svctimers.xml has a description tag, but it's used for the title of the recording timer instead. So, I'm wondering if it would be

possible to stow around a bit amongst the tags and add the actual description, making it look similar to the recordings database? More precise:

1. Not using <Descr>...</Descr> tags to the title of the timer...change it to <Title>...</Title>

2. Use <Descr>...</Descr> tag to the actual description similar to the recording database

If this could be done, then the last obstacle would be removed in order to make the script. I don't think such a change will have any bad consequenceses for any

vital function in RS. RS seem to pickup the description from the EPG.dat and I can imagine it didn't seem to be necessary then adding the description in svctimers.xml

in the past, but I think I'm making a good point for doing it now. If not just for the sake of making RS more scriptable :)

Regards

Majstang

Edited by majstang

Hi!

This suggestion sounds very interesting! It would be cool if this would become a working feature for the RS.B)

I hope majstang can go on with his idea!:thumbsup:

Many greetings

Webturtle

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, whilst I love, and really would not want to be without DVBViewer, this post is typical of the developer-community interaction here.

Often times good ideas are simply ignored, or worse shot down. This post from maj is over a month old.

There are wonderful members of the community willing to spend their time toward making DVBViewer more useful for everybody.

This program (along with the dev team and company owners) would be so much better off if this enthusiasm was nurtured, supported and the ecosystem allowed to grow.

I know, everyones busy........but really, makes me sad to see :/

Hallo Lars_MQ!

Ich würde mich sehr freuen, wenn es mit der automatischen Wiederholungserkennung doch noch klappen würde.

Da einige Sender im EPG leider keine Informationen zum Titel zur Verfügung stellen, müßte man sich für diese Fälle etwas einfallen lassen. Eventuell kann man in solchen Fällen auf den Anfang der Beschreibung zurückgreifen.

Bei den Sendern der Pro7-Gruppe fehlt nämlich grundsätzlich der Titel im EPG. So gibt es bei Serien keine Episoden-Titel (Ausnahme ist SIXX, die nach eigener Aussage über eine modernere Software verfügen). Bei Sendern der RTL-Gruppe ist das Feld "Titel" im EPG auch oft leer. Bei Serien steht z.B. bei VOX der Episodentitel wenigstens in der Beschreibung.

Viel Grüße

Webturtle