Android app like dreamstream EPG / scheduling

scienide

Hello,

Someone showed me an app for dreamstream on his android ...

He could browse the epg for his channels for the app, schedule recordings, remote control the dreambox and even start the stream from that app...

I was looking for a similar app for DVBViewer recording service / DVBViewer ... enabling you to browse the epg from android, schedule recordings and being able to remote control DVBViewer application, multiple instance support (multiple DVBViewer clients on the network) ...

Is there something like that or should i pick up a crashcourse in programming ;) I'm sure most of it can be handled by using webcalls to the api ...

I am getting a tablet next month and this app would be an absolute delight...

Let me know..

thanks

use the iphone webinterface, it works also on android except for the streaming. http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/IPhone/iPod/iPad_Support

Hmmm, i dont really like the iphone interface...

Would like to combine it into one app.... remote control the DVBViewer instances so that you can change channels and browse the EPG so you can schedule recordings ...

I am getting a tablet soon so that offers more space to incorporate those things into one application .. the iphone webinterface crams everything in a small window ... so its impossible to browse the epg in one part of the screen and at the same time bring up the remote control to change a channel ...

I shouldnt see why i would use the iphone webinterface if i got a screen resolution of 1366 x 768 on the motorola xoom (android tablet)... i want to use that space...

Well guess its time to take a look at the API for both the server and DVBViewer webinterface ...

Well you're welcome to do it. :)

I might have to look into this.... maybe, just maybe i'll inspire someone more skilled as me to make something like this

thanks for the reply... !

I would almost kill :biggrin: for an Android App supporting everything (EPG+scheduling recs and streaming live tv and recordings).

Or I would even consider paying for it! :rolleyes:

Edited by ab_kallenbach

Same here would be willing to pay for it .... i dont even need the streaming option, i could do that with the upnp server but indeed, completer is better...

I understand DVBViewer developers have enough projects as it is, and we have to hope a 3rd party would be willing to code something like this.

At least now the request is out there, so it might give a developer ideas....

Thanks Ab, great to hear im not the only one ...