Option to (temporary) disable MHEG5

Fulco

I would like any Option or ‘Action’ to disable the MHEG5 engine, and reinstate the ‘normal’ OSD behavior.

On the channels with MHEG5 (BBC), the ‘color’ and ‘enter’ keys (OSD) used by both OSB and MHEG5.

So switching off MHEG5, give the control back to OSD.

Fulco

(Windows 7) OS: Windows 7 64bit; ASUS P6T7WS Supercomputer; Intel i7 920; 12 Gb Ram; ATI Radeon 5870; Adaptec RAID 5405; ASUS HDAV 1.3; 2x TeVii S470 DVB-S/S2; 1x TeVii S480 DVB-S/S2; DVBViewer Pro v4.8.0.1 (MHEG5 v1.0.0.7)

• 2 weeks later...

I also agree with the above and would just like to see MHEG work as on a regular TV/STB with r/g/y/b and a text/interactive button to load/exit with the regular OSD/info/EPG buttons working as normal and just r/g/y/b reserved for MHEG until it is activated.

A button to disable could be useful in the interim to allow OSD usage for miniEPG browsing and listening to radio etc.

I know the MHEG plugin was not expensive but in it's current format it feels counterintuitive. I have to disagree to the posts advising the regular STB's work in this way as I have checked both my Freeview TV/Freesat Foxsat-HDR and both allow you to view and use the OSD and use remote up, down, left, right etc as well as have MHEG application loaded/press red button visible. Should the OSD not just overlay separately on top of everything else so unless you have, using BBC for example, not pressed red to load then normal focus to OSD/miniEPG but if you have loaded MHEG remote focus only applied to the OSD overlay when activated with button press (not exactly a technical explanation I know) which would hopefully also stop it from closing your EPG window whilst your looking at it, to me this is how it apperas to work on TV/STB etc.

Cheers, B.

It is not a bug that if Mheg is active the OSD does not work. This behaviour is equal to those stb's and can not be changed. I honestly don't think that the red button behaviour is wrong, since the whole evaluating of the mheg application/stream is done completely by the engine. Simplified it means that i provide the stream, a few rudimentary channel informations plus the input commands and the engine returns the display.

Christian

Following on from my post above can a dev/mod please update if there are to be any changes to the current implimentation of the MHEG application as the above quote does not reflect what I am seeing using my own TV/STB as well as my family/freinds TV/STB's.

My Toshiba freeview does allow you to use the OSD/MiniEPG etc which is better than DVBViewer, when accessing MiniEPG/Guide/Favourites with the remote it shows that info and when you exit it takes you back to exactly where you left off in the MHEG application (possibly just disables MHEG on remote button press to load EPG/OSD etc and rememebers where you were and reloads that particular page in MHEG when you exit which I would imagine it's not too hard to replicate).

Better would be how most UK STB's I have tested operate which keeps the MHEG loaded in background and just overlays the OSD overlay on top of that, my Humax Foxsat-HDR shows MiniEPG etc displayed with either press red prompt or full MHEG active (can take some photos with my phone if proof needed).

This is how I expected it to work as that is how every STB I have had with MHEG since Freeview launched in 2002 has operated hence my description as counterintuative above.

If it could be updated to work in the correct manor or if we can get some options for the MHEG app where we can set up as per my previous post.

Cheers, B.