BBC1 HD & BBC HD missing

peterpr

Hi

I have just purchased a TBS 6981 Dual Tuner and would like to use DVBViewer. I installed the trial version but cannot get the BBC HD channels.

I am in the UK using Astra/Eurobird 28.2°East.

I checked around and found this on the TBS forum:

"Search for and Edit the 0282.ini files and change the existing 10847 line to

10=10847,V,23000,89,5,|BSkyB, BBC HD

This includes the new parameters 23000, 89, and 5.

A rescan should now find the files."

...which I tried but it still does not work.

I installed the software that came with the card which successfully picked up the HD channels so I know it is possible but would prefer to use DVBViewer as it seems to be the best designed software with decent documentation and support. Before purchasing the full version I would like to be reassured that it will work with this card.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by peterpr

Make sure that in Settings -> Options -> Hardware that the "Is DVB-S2 Device" is selected.

Does Channel 4 HD work?

C.

Edited by Cian

I think the Transponder ini should read like this,

10=10847,V,23000,89,S2,QPSK

or download the latest transponder ini from kingofsat

I think I also had problems "adding" the channels - eventually, I just modified the original settings manually.

Here are my settings if they are of any use.

post-65222-0-66589900-1308336105_thumb.jpg post-65222-0-23452600-1308336099_thumb.jpg

Most likely peterpr has changed the transponder list in the installation directory (program files\DVBViewer\Transponders), which doesn't work, because DVBViewer uses the files that are located in the configuration folder (see help menu).

Griga is correct!

I downloaded the latest transponder list from kingofsat and placed this in the right location.

When I re-scanned all the channels inc. BBC1 HD & BBCHD were found.

Many thanks to all for your help.

I think I also had problems "adding" the channels - eventually, I just modified the original settings manually.

Here are my settings if they are of any use.

post-65222-0-23452600-1308336099_thumb.jpg

some of the values on that picture are wrong..

Download file from KingofSat and rescan

post-63025-0-07330200-1308397269_thumb.jpg

The only difference that I can see is that you are using the stereo narration channel, but I am using the 5.1 audio track.

That was only to show as one of the channels, I normally use the AC3 channel on AUDIO PID 5401 for BBC One HD (AC3,eng)

:)

• 1 month later...

Right... I'm having trouble with BBC HD and BBC ONE HD too. I was getting no picture or sound at all. I downloaded the transponder list from kingofsat as listed above and scanned again. It had an effect all right.... BBC ONE HD/BBC HD have disappeared entirely! Thats right, they're not listed at all! :blink:

I can get ITV1 HD and Channel 4 HD ok and both play and record just fine so I guess it's not a codec issue... anyone have any idea whats going on? :unsure:

Hardware is Hauppauge Nova DVB-S2 and and I'm using DVBViewer 4.8.1. "Is DVB-S2 device" box is ticked.

Edited by Soupdragon

Hmm can't seem to edit the above post for some reason.

Anyway I got around it by adding the channel transponder data manually using the info from kingofsat - and it works fine now.

Weird it won't show up in a scan though -

I've also got missing HD channels but haven't been able to work out how to download the latest transponder ini from kingofsat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TIA

Use TransEdit and edit the transponder. Select Satellite Astra 2/Eurobird 28.2E and transponder 10847V. Check "DVB-S2", change symbol rate to 23000 and FEC to 8/9. Click "Apply" and "Scan Selected". Select and update channels. Save 0282.ini on exit.

Alternatively, you can use Channel Edit to make the same changes to each channel, but that won't update the 0282.ini file.