converting in DIVX

rapper

Hi

I wanna know which is the best way to convert MPG2 streams in MPEG4 (Divx, XVID)

I have been using VirtualDub(mod.) but it's TOO SLOW ;)

Can somebody explain me the correct steps to convert quickly and easily?

Thanks ;)

Edited by rapper
Guest Oliver

VirtualDub Mod in combination with AVISynth is the fastest solution there is. Provided you know how to do it. There are some threads here which describe the best method and. You'll also find some links there.

Bye

I'm using vidomi for the very few short divx clips I need. It's easy to use and the qualitiy is imho ok. But any program that re-encodes a stream will use a lot of cpu time.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, if you're looking for an easy way to convert to DivX, why don't you try AutoGK. This is a very userfriendly softwarepackage were you don't have to bother with dozens of configurationsteps.

I'm using it for quite a while and i'm very confident with the results. For a two-pass (!) conversion of a 80 minutes movie my Athlon 2000 PC needs about 3 hours. By the way, it's based on Virtual Dub. As I don't know the exact URL, just google for it.

mafl

Hi

I wanna know which is the best way to convert MPG2 streams in MPEG4 (Divx, XVID)

I have been using VirtualDub(mod.)  but it's TOO SLOW :bye:

Thanks  :D

Hi,

there are about 10 possible ways to convert DVBViewer files to DIVX (AVI).

I have tested them all :o

Two possibilitys:

1. cheapest way (all freeware)

- as Oliver said Avisync/VirtualDubMod

- I prefer ProjektX (Demux/Correct/cut) and VirtualDUBMOD or VirtualDub mpeg2(Convert)

- best Codecs: DIVX 5.X or XVID (supported by standalone Players)

2. easyest way (shareware)

- Projekt X (only if you want to cut) and Dr.DIVX (Converting)

Normaly i am not a friend of shareware tools, but.....

Dr.DIVX is very easy to use and the outcome is almost perfect!

Ok, there are still Problems with Cropping and adding VD-Filter, but the quality of the converted Files is very impressive!!! Using 2pass takes some time, but you can calculate the movie exactly to 700MB. 2 houre films on 1 CD in High Quality.

Not bad.

Ok, if you are handling with DIVX for years, you can get the same results with VD.

But you realy have to know what you ar doing.

I am usualy using VD but if I dont have enough time to configure, Dr. DIVX is the best "Nightworker" :D

I prefer using PVAstrumento (demuxing) -> GordianKnot (cropping, resizing, etc) -> Virtualdub (encoding: XviD)

SO thats not really difficult... but as always i searched the web for the best sollution... first i found: Mpeg2toVirtualdub nice Programm, but not very stable

the next one: DVX (that means DVD/DVB -DIVX) , but for this one you have to download .NET Framework (~20MB :bye: )

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

I have been using VirtualDub(mod.)  but it's TOO SLOW :)

Thanks  ;)

Hi,

there are about 10 possible ways to convert DVBViewer files to DIVX (AVI).

I have tested them all B)

Two possibilitys:

1. cheapest way (all freeware)

- as Oliver said Avisync/VirtualDubMod

- I prefer ProjektX (Demux/Correct/cut) and VirtualDUBMOD or VirtualDub mpeg2(Convert)

- best Codecs: DIVX 5.X or XVID (supported by standalone Players)

2. easyest way (shareware)

- Projekt X (only if you want to cut) and Dr.DIVX (Converting)

Normaly i am not a friend of shareware tools, but.....

Dr.DIVX is very easy to use and the outcome is almost perfect!

Ok, there are still Problems with Cropping and adding VD-Filter, but the quality of the converted Files is very impressive!!! Using 2pass takes some time, but you can calculate the movie exactly to 700MB. 2 houre films on 1 CD in High Quality.

Not bad.

Ok, if you are handling with DIVX for years, you can get the same results with VD.

But you realy have to know what you ar doing.

I am usualy using VD but if I dont have enough time to configure, Dr. DIVX is the best "Nightworker" :(

When you use ProjectX to demux the file and VirtualDubMOD to convert, which kind of file do you select? I've a mpv- and a mp2-file. Both have the same name, but VirtualDubMOD only take the mpv-file. It doesn't take the mp2, so I've only the Video, without the audio.

What kind of file i should create, that VirtualDubMOD accept and i've video and after converting also includet audio?

Which steps are needed? What wrong do I make?

Memphis

For example:

loadplugin("c:\programme\avisynth 2.5\plugins\mpeg2dec3dg.dll")

LoadPlugin("c:\programme\avisynth 2.5\plugins\kerneldeint140.dll")

loadplugin("c:\programme\avisynth 2.5\plugins\mpasource.dll")

video=mpeg2source("1.d2v")

audio=mpasource("1.mpa", normalize = false)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)

kerneldeint(order=1, threshold=8)

crop(8,8,704,560)

Of course I'm using the latest versions but I didn't want to edit all my AVS-files, therefore I've just changed the filenames of the plugins. The latest release instead of the mpeg2dec3dg.dll is DGindex.dll and there's a new version of the KernelDeinterlacer.

Bye, Oliver

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
When you use ProjectX to demux the file and VirtualDubMOD to convert, which kind of file do you select? I've a mpv- and a mp2-file. Both have the same name, but VirtualDubMOD only take the mpv-file. It doesn't take the mp2, so I've only the Video, without the audio.

What kind of file i should create, that VirtualDubMOD accept and i've video and after converting also includet audio?

Which steps are needed? What wrong do I make?

Memphis

Presuming you are still looking for a solution to your audio problem let me suggest renaming the .mp2 file(s) to .mpa. I do it this way and it works ok with GK and as GK is built upon VirtualDubMod, it should solve your trouble too. ;)