Audio lag

Scewbedew

In my network I have a number of computers, and two of them has cable boxes and DVBServer running - the other has DVBViewer installed. (VBDViewer V4.8.0.1)

This all works like a charm, except on one (1) computer where the audio lags tremendously. Streaming back and forth in the network works perfectly for both live and recorded material on all computers except on this one. On this final computer, video is perfect, but the audio lags with 1-10 seconds!?

Viewing recorded material over the network works perfectly even on this computer, but live streaming is a catastrophe. When I switch to a new channel, the audio might be as good as only half a second off, but it quickly build up and after a while it is hard to tell if the audio is really coming from the same program as is on screen. The same problem seems to be present regardless of which DVBServer instance I connect to, so the problem must be on the receiving computer.

I've checked all settings to be identical to those on the other computers so it isn't an obvious parameter problem. But what can cause this?

BTW - the "faulty" computer run Windows Server 2008 R2 (x64); the other computers run x86 or x64 versions of Windows 7. I've hard to believe that this is the cause of the problem, but it *is* a difference between the computers...