DVB-T2

fxv1

Using the Blackgold DVB-T2 card which is working off the same terrestial aerial that my old Pinnacle USB stick was connected to, it shows signal as between 4% and 8 %..... the picture quality is excellent so I guess it is being reported incorrectly, I'm not too far from the Crystal Palace transmitter. This used to be reported as about 85% -90% before by the Pinnacle USB stick which is now not connected any longer.

By the way when I choose a different colour in the post it puts it at the beginning of the message, I am using IE9 so may be a feature of IE9, I'm sure it used to work before.Bold seems to work fine.

Frank

Edited by fxv1

You could ignore the signal information which is provided by the device. The percentage value differs from device to device and is (at least if you do not have a expensive hardware analyzer) not really reliable. To determine the signal quality try to have a look into the property page of the dvbsource filter.

Thanks....here is the DVBSource view but cannot see any signal properties, it is no big deal anyway.

Not used AAC audio before but it seems to be good quality. I added the libfaad2 wrapper for DVB-T2 and it works well. It registers as a 5 channel audio on the Sound system on the content I am viewing at present...I expect it supports all the usual sound formats.

Many Thanks

Frank

post-63025-0-26523700-1309466010_thumb.jpg

Without discontinuties the picture quality is at 100% :)

Thanks for the explanation. :bye:

so on DVB-s2 where I am getting lots of discontinuities (signal at 94%) and sometimes I get artefacts, is that likely to be dropouts of the signal from freeSAT DVB-S2 transmission. I get no discontinuities on ITV HD (but that is DVB-s).

post-63025-0-38089400-1309468379_thumb.jpg