Table DVD Players that read dvbviewer recordings

Antonello

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know if the Tv programs recorded with DVBViewer can be read by some Table DVD Player. (the file format used by DVBViewer is mpeg-2 but the 'home dvd players' i tried don't recognize it).

Thank You B)

the Dvd authoring needs a conversion of my recordings (dvb mpeg) in dvd mpeg format (but i don't want to do that because as you know it's a long procedure that needs many hours). So i burn the DVD+R in the ISO-format.

The question is: Are there living-room dvd players (now in commerce) that read this kind of format?

B)

The question is: Are there living-room dvd players (now in commerce) that read this kind of format?

yep, my Cyberhome 402 can do that and also other brands are capable of playing raw mpeg. It's not exactly what you asked, but here you'll find plenty of standalones that work with dvb (from the topfield board. The format of hd-recordings is TS)

http://board.topfield.de/viewtopic.php?t=4278

authoring needs a conversion of my recordings
mostly thats not true. Try DVDPatcher for your stream and pytch it to needed settings.
So i burn the DVD+R in the ISO-format
I believe your player can'T read ISO, because this is not a DVD compatibly format!!! B)

Most of all standalone players can't read this!

You should learn a little bit more about DVD. ;)

Steffen

but i don't want to do that because as you know it's a long procedure that needs many hours

If you reencode the whole thing, yes - but in most cases you don't need to do that. Demultiplex, cut (optional), import into your DVD authoring app to create VOBs and burn. You might have to patch some headers to fool the authoring application if the recording doesn't have a DVD compliant resolution, but that's it. Such a disc should be far more compatible - any DVD player that doesn't play it won't play the ISO/MPG one either.

Anyway, the feature you're looking for is called 'file mode' on some players, maybe the manufacturer's specs list something like that - can't recommend any specific players.

Edited by KGM11

Hi,

after recoeding with the DVBViewer, I burn directly the mpg streams to a CD or a DVD.

I am using the DVD-Player Philips DPV520 which plays each of my CDs DVDs without problems. No conversion is needed in any case.

By Stefan