Windows 7 (64bits) + DVBviewer + Technotrend S2-3600 + iPad

hsmptg

Hi

I would like to buy the full version of DVBViewer but first I need to know if the following combination is possible:

Windows 7 (64bits) + DVBViewer + Technotrend S2-3600 + iPad

That is, I need to stream live TV from my Server PC to my iPad.

Is this possible?

Regards,

hsmpt

PS - I am asking this because I believe demo versions of DVBViewer do not include streaming possibilities, so I can not test my setup! Right?

Edited by hsmptg

Is live TV working in DVBViewer Pro Demo on you PC?

Yes!

Live TV is working 100% with DVBViewer Pro Demo!

But what about the streaming to my iPad? How can I test this now?

Demo version do not include Recording Service, right?

Regards

hsmpt

You can't test this. But it should work.

It should? :D

Well, if it will works as fast as your replies, I am sure it will work perfectly! :D

I will give it a try by spending the 15 euros!

The "Recording Service" and all the software needed for streaming to my iPad is also included in the pack, right?

Regards,

hsmpt

The "Recording Service" and all the software needed for streaming to my iPad is also included in the pack, right?

It's a free download from the 'members area' which you can access once you've bought DVBViewer.

Hi again

Just bought the software and ended its installation!

When I go to the site using my iPad I can access the "Recording Service" menu, as can be seen in the following image:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/268/img0012b.png/

But when I start the streaming I can not get any video just the following image:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/img0011l.png/

I already placed the ffmpeg in the same folder of DVBVservice.exe!

Besides de "Recording Service", that started in the server as can be checked by the tray icon, the "DVBViewer Pro" must be running, right?

What about the following options INSIDE "DVBViewer Pro":

- Settings > Options > Recording Service > Enable Support for the DVBViewer Recordingservice

- Plugins > NetStream > Active

And the "DVBViewer Pro Server"? Must be running or not, to be able to stream to iPad?

Any help is welcome!!!

Regards,

hsmpt

PS - The sentence "A carregar..." means "Loading..." in Portuguese!

Pleas post the support.zip

The support.zip is attached in this post and additionally here are the other info mentioned in the "support post", although I believe this problem is not hardware related:

- exact TV-card modell and useed driver version: Technotrend TT-connect S2-3600 (driver v1.0.3.8)

- type and chipset of the mainboard: ASUS M4A88TD-M Evo

- graphics card and useed driver version: ATI Radeon HD 4250 (integrated in the MB)

Regards,

hsmpt

support.zip

The Recording Service (DVBViewer Media Server) must be ruing to use the iPhon interface.

What do you mean by the DVBViewer Media Server?

Please tell me EXACTLY the names of the programs that must be running to be able to stream to my iPad:

- DVBViewer Pro (DVBViewer.exe): is currently ON

- DVBViewer Recording Service > Service Control (DVBVCtrl.exe): is currently ON (DVBVservice.exe is also running)

- DVBViewer Pro Server (DVBServer.exe): is currently OFF

Thanks!

hsmpt

What do you mean by the DVBViewer Media Server?
Recording Service (DVBVservice.exe)

Please tell me EXACTLY the names of the programs that must be running to be able to stream to my iPad:

- DVBViewer Pro (DVBViewer.exe): is currently ON
is not required for stream to iPad

- DVBViewer Recording Service > Service Control (DVBVCtrl.exe): is currently ON (DVBVservice.exe is also running)
The DVBVservice.exe is the in portend one.

- DVBViewer Pro Server (DVBServer.exe): is currently OFF
Is a old tool. Is not required.

The Recording Service is not setup correctly. Pleas follow the instructions in the Recording Service Installation Guide

(the real hardware can only be controlled by one Program, you have to disable them in DVBViewer Pro and so on ......)

http://en.DVBViewer.tv/wiki/Recording_Service_Installation_Guide

And if possible use for first tests unencrypted channels.

Hi Tjod

Thanks for your help!

I finally can stream to my iPad but only unencrypted channels! :(

Unlike DVBViewer Pro (that has a "plugins folder" where some "magic" can be done), where is the equivalent in the case of the "Recording Service"?

Regards,

hsmpt

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combi­nation with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "conditional access module" (CAM)and/or the corresponding "common inter­face" (CI) with a smart-card. This applies re­gardless whether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.