How do I add channels in Recording Service Web Interface?

snoffer

I have used the Recording Service Web Interface for a long time and it has worked just great. Recently, my cable-TV operator added two more channels and I added those as favorites in DVBViewer. I can watch my new channels and view the EPG for these channels just fine in DVBViewer. Also, it works great to view the EPG for these channel and click "Send to PVR" and the Recording Service records the program just fine. However, I cannot find these two new channels in the Recording Service Web Interface. If I click TV Guide in the Web Interface then all my favorite channels show up, except my two new channels. Also, if I do a search in the Recording Service Web Interface, then it does not search the two new channel.

What steps do I need to take to add the two new channels to the Recording Service Web Interface?

Did you use DVBViewer on the same machine where Recording Service lives? Recording Service uses the local DVBViewer channel list, so if you added channels on a DVBViewer Client, on another machine, Recording Service dosent now anything about the new channels

Did you use DVBViewer on the same machine where Recording Service lives? Recording Service uses the local DVBViewer channel list, so if you added channels on a DVBViewer Client, on another machine, Recording Service dosent now anything about the new channels

Yes, it's all running on one single machine.

What steps do I need to take to add the two new channels to the Recording Service Web Interface?

Can you post a screendump on the DVBViewer channellist (editor)?

Maybe the new stations went into a different folder from the original scan.Another possibility is that the operator gave these new channels different "Network" names in the descriptor.

On the top left-hand side of the TV guide and Timeline in the Recording Service there is a dropdown menu. If the two network/folder names are different, the channels will be listed under different tabs. You can see this quickly on the left hand side of the Programs tab.

Hope this helps,

Cian.

Can you post a screendump on the DVBViewer channellist (editor)?

Please see attached picture. TV3 is one of the new channels.

Maybe the new stations went into a different folder from the original scan.Another possibility is that the operator gave these new channels different "Network" names in the descriptor.

On the top left-hand side of the TV guide and Timeline in the Recording Service there is a dropdown menu. If the two network/folder names are different, the channels will be listed under different tabs. You can see this quickly on the left hand side of the Programs tab.

I only have one option in the dropdown menu (see attached picture) "Com Hem" and that matches the folder in the channel editor (see attached picture). Please note that, strictly speaking, my cable-TV operator did not add any channels, rather I started subscribing to 2 more channels that already where found in my last scan. Therefore, I did NOT do another scan after I started subscribing to the 2 "new" channels.

post-104242-0-26132500-1310666489_thumb.png

post-104242-0-30055600-1310666511_thumb.png

Thanks for the dumps, but unfortunately it didn't show the last bit of the channellist, where the duplicate folders tend to be placed. I had the same theory as Cian you had the new stations placed in a different folder and that's why you have this issue, but i'm not sure in any way. Only thing i can think of to do here is to delete the whole channellist and start from scratch with a new scan. Might be wise to use Transedit for the scanning instead, since Comhem has channels that DVBViewer seem not to be abled to find, e.g. SVT2 HD.

:bye: