Cannot Receive BBC HD

gohan2091

I have a WinTV-HVR-4000 PCI Card hooked up to a sky digital dish. I can receive Eurobird/Astra 2 channels with this setup. I heard BBC 1 HD and BBC HD have moved to DVB S2 which my card is suppose to handle fine, yet when I do a full scan (with an updated 16th July transponder list), no BBC HD channels are found. I can receive ITV HD and Channel 4 HD fine. I use to receive BBC HD channels fine a few months ago.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Edited by gohan2091

Try adding these settings in to the channel editor, If you don't use diseqc then set it to none

I can't edit the channel because the BBC HD channels aren't in the list so I made a copy of a channel and changed it's details according to your screenshots and it works! Thanks so much! Now why wasn't this included when I did a scan?

Edited by gohan2091

Just for future reference when adding channels in the editor you can tune to any channel then put the settings in and press add and not apply, that way it adds the channel to the channel list

and does'nt alter the tuned channel so you won't need to copy anything.

I don't know why your scan is'nt picking the channels up unless your transponder ini is wrong.

Mine reads like this

10=10847,V,23000,89,S2,QPSK

I update my transponders from Kingofsat which seem to be allright.

Hope it helps.

Just for future reference when adding channels in the editor you can tune to any channel then put the settings in and press add and not apply, that way it adds the channel to the channel list

and does'nt alter the tuned channel so you won't need to copy anything.

I don't know why your scan is'nt picking the channels up unless your transponder ini is wrong.

Mine reads like this

I update my transponders from Kingofsat which seem to be allright.

Hope it helps.

Forgot to mention that DVBViewer uses Transponders in

C:\Program Data\CMUV\DVBViewer\Transponders (Windows 7)

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\CMUV\DVBViewer\Transponders (Windows XP)

If you did'nt allready Know

Forgot to mention that DVBViewer uses Transponders in

C:\Program Data\CMUV\DVBViewer\Transponders (Windows 7)

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\CMUV\DVBViewer\Transponders (Windows XP)

If you did'nt allready Know

Yes, I am aware of the two locations and never was sure which one I should use so I just pasted the new transponder ini files in both :)

The WinTV-HVR-4000 needs for DVB-S2 transpponders a transponder list with correct Pilot Symbols and Roll-Off settings.

http://www.DVBViewer.com/griga/TransEdit%20E/MainWindow.html#TransProperties

I don't understand fully understand why when I scanned, I didn't find BBC HD. I compared the 0282.ini file I got from fastsatfinder with the one from kingofsat and the BBC HD transponder is identical. They both read:

Yet I noticed the kingofsat ini has DVB-S,QPSK at the end of almost every frequency where as the fastsatfinder did not.

as @Tjod wrote your card needs additional parameters which are missing in the ini of kingofsat. Though in this case I'm a little confused cos there are no pilot symbols and I doubt that the card won't work with a slightly wrong roll-off. Default is 0.35 but the BBC HD transponder transmits with 0.25.

The correct parameters for the BBC HD transponder should read (DVBViewer notation):

10=10847,V,23000,89,13